Hungry

Options
Extra86
Extra86 Posts: 21 Member
I have lost 21 lbs. so far. I am hungry within an hour or two after eating. I have acute Pancreatitis so I have to be on a low fat diet. I figured out I was eating huge amounts of food per meals. Some have added up to 2100 calories in one sitting. At night, when I am home after dinner, I crave sweets really bad, and have indulged exessively. It seems like I have very little control when I am home, and food is easily accessible. It makes me feel awful afterwards. Eating less and moving more is easier said than done. I like having to put new holes on my belts because they are too loose. Also wearing jeans I couldn't wear, fall off without a belt. But I eat when I am angry, sad, bored, and stressed. I also quit smoking, drinking, caffeine, fatty foods, soda, etc. So I think about food all of the time, it is like my new obsession. Any advice...only been at this for 1 1/2 months.

Replies

• cpalumbo89
    cpalumbo89 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The typical advise, drink a glass of water before and after each meal and often in between. I used to go out for a walk whenever I felt hungry. I would come back and find either I wasn't hungry anymore or I could now have a snack because I just earned some calories. Granted I would usuly walk for like an hour. A whole bag of plain popcorn with curry or hotsauce is a filling low cal snack. Or sometimes I buy the steam fresh veggies without sauce and eat the whole bag. As far as sweets go, popcorn with chocolate drizzled is good. Low fat cereal with skim milk or toast with jelly are sweet and low cal. Dark chocolate is better for you thank milk. And also of course if it's not in the house it can't tempt you!
  • Extra86
    Options
    Thank you for the great advice. I will be trying this tonight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I used to pack an extra snack to eat on the drive home from work. That way I already had that "something" before I got there. I was always a grazer too, way too many choices at home. You just need to break that snack cycle for awhile.

No food is completely off limits for me. Lifestyle changes....I won't give up caffeine, soda, or sugar forever. Instead I manage these things. All things in moderation. Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares (individually wrapped) yum.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk or find other hobbies that get you out of the house.
  • Extra86
    Options
    Thank you all for the great advise!