Splurging

Options
So I found out yesterday that I should so wait till the end of the day to splurge. I was doing so good on my calories yesterday so I decided to have a babyruth with a glass of milk cause I knew I had a Lean Cuisine in the freezer that I could eat for dinner and that would still leave me a little under my calories....I sooo should have waited, ended up going over to my moms and having pizza instead of my nice low cal dinner....Yep I totally blew my calories...Anyone else have this problem???:smile:

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    All the time! But I think it is ok to splurge..just not every day.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Your intentions were good which means your thought process is changing, be proud of that and just means a little extra work the next day!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I believe everything in moderation because for me this is a lifestyle change and not just a diet. Yesterday was my anniversary but I worked out (after working 10 hrs) to earn the calories to have a nice dinner. I figure if I want something bad enough, I'll just work out longer and that has worked for me:) I've been on mfb since early Feburary and haven't gone over on my calories yet but it was a close one last night because when I closed out my diary I had 1 calorie left lol.
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So I found out yesterday that I should so wait till the end of the day to splurge. I was doing so good on my calories yesterday so I decided to have a babyruth with a glass of milk cause I knew I had a Lean Cuisine in the freezer that I could eat for dinner and that would still leave me a little under my calories....I sooo should have waited, ended up going over to my moms and having pizza instead of my nice low cal dinner....Yep I totally blew my calories...Anyone else have this problem???:smile:

I usually give myself the weekend off.....I stick strictly to my diet until the weekend....because I'm below my goal weight I give myself two days off instead of one....IF I know I have some party or something coming up I will give myself that day off and take away one of my weekend days to make it up...

Supposedly, going over your calories once a week is actually good for your metabolism....
    I'm up to 6 meals a day and I still have trouble putting weight back on...My friend tried 6 meals, lost 7 lbs, went back to 3 meals and gained 2 lbs...so he sticks to a 6 meal diet like I do, and his weight is coming off again....so thats something to consider as well....
  • jeseva
    jeseva Posts: 1
    Options
    we have to splurge every now and then otherwise we arent truely living we are just calorie counting robots. you will find that you will stick with it better if you DO splurge every now and then good luck!

jessica
  • spicybaer79
    spicybaer79 Posts: 21
    Options
    You're so very right, and I think thats a great way to look at it.....Thanks it makes me feel better about it...
    Your intentions were good which means your thought process is changing, be proud of that and just means a little extra work the next day!
  • spicybaer79
    Options
    Good idea but I'm afraid I'll totally blow it if I give myself days off....Six meals wow I do good with three and then a snack....

I usually give myself the weekend off.....I stick strictly to my diet until the weekend....because I'm below my goal weight I give myself two days off instead of one....IF I know I have some party or something coming up I will give myself that day off and take away one of my weekend days to make it up...

Supposedly, going over your calories once a week is actually good for your metabolism....
    I'm up to 6 meals a day and I still have trouble putting weight back on...My friend tried 6 meals, lost 7 lbs, went back to 3 meals and gained 2 lbs...so he sticks to a 6 meal diet like I do, and his weight is coming off again....so thats something to consider as well....
  • spicybaer79
    Options
    True some day I do feel like a calorie counting robot...Those are usually the days I'm hungry all the time...[
    quote]
    we have to splurge every now and then otherwise we arent truely living we are just calorie counting robots. you will find that you will stick with it better if you DO splurge every now and then good luck!

jessica
    [/quote]
  • spicybaer79
    Options
    So very true it is a lifestyle change, I get so focused on losing the weight and seeing the numbers go down on my scale that I fail to realize and congradulate myself on the changes that I have made and steps I have accomplished...
    I believe everything in moderation because for me this is a lifestyle change and not just a diet. Yesterday was my anniversary but I worked out (after working 10 hrs) to earn the calories to have a nice dinner. I figure if I want something bad enough, I'll just work out longer and that has worked for me:) I've been on mfb since early Feburary and haven't gone over on my calories yet but it was a close one last night because when I closed out my diary I had 1 calorie left lol.
  • Bourgeoisqueen
    Bourgeoisqueen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat 6 meals a day but the type of work I do , won't allow me time to eat small meals..but I do try to do it on the weekends. My mind set is like this...I rather not spurge because I don't want to workout...lol...so I figure if I am going to eat pizza which is not part of my diet plan then I better get to Zumba for an hour...lol...so I rather just not have it at all.