Water Intake

Options
I am 5'3 and weigh 186....I already drink two liters of water a day, how much more should I be drinking a day?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Enough to pass the piss test. Clear means you good to go. Any yellow color I usually drink more water at some point after.
  • emilybeaver
    emilybeaver Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm peeing mainly clear after the 1st liter this morning but I'm still super thirsty. Guess I'll be refilling my water jug!
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    On most days, I drink two 32oz bottles of water and aim for that goal daily. On more active days, I usually drink four or five bottles... Lately I've been drinking more, but I think it has a lot to do with the weather being so beautiful & warm, and my allergies kicking into high gear...
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oops, double post!!!
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what @yopeeps025 said. You don't have to follow the "eight glasses per day" thing or the "half your body weight in ounces" thing.

I probably average somewhere around 60 oz...some days more and some days a little less.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I drink around 8 glasses/day and I still am not peeing clear until the end of the day. I just drink what feels right. If I'm thirsty I drink, if I'm not I don't unless my urine is getting too yellow.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Enough to pass the piss test. Clear means you good to go. Any yellow color I usually drink more water at some point after.

That's not really true. Normal urine color is light yellow. Clear urine means you're drinking excess water at best, but it could also be a sign of diabetes. As long as your urine isn't darker yellow or brown, you are getting enough water.

• dezycakes
    dezycakes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does it help loose wheght
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Should be light yellow
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    dezycakes wrote: »
    Does it help loose wheght
    Solid first post

No, drinking water does not cause one to "loose wheght"
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Why thank you :-) I've been doing this weight loss thing for way to long....
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Light yellow, when mixed with a gallon or two of water in the bowl, can look pretty clear... So, I'd think light yellow-to-clear is fine. Unless you're going in a glass, it's hard to tell- and if you have a non-white toilet, even harder!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I'm peeing mainly clear after the 1st liter this morning but I'm still super thirsty. Guess I'll be refilling my water jug!

I don't mean to scare you, but you might want to see a doctor. If you are drinking a lot and are still "super thirsty," and if you are not eating a lot of sodium you might have symptoms of diabetes. "Excessive thirst" is one symptom.
  • emilybeaver
    Options
    Thanks whmscll.....I'll get that checked out if it keeps occuring...
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Do you think it is poss to drink too much water? I've always drunk loads of water as I prefer it to most other drinks except vodka and red wine (which isn't acceptable in my office ha ha)!! But I know excessive water intake can dilute nutrients so they're not absorbed. How much do people think is too much?
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Clarewho wrote: »
    Do you think it is poss to drink too much water? ...
    Dilutional hyponatremia is pretty real, though deaths are fairly uncommon.
  • louise3uk
    louise3uk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am terrible at drinking, there's been days where the only fluid I've drank is the milk on my breakfast cereal! Now I fill a 1.5l bottle of water and aim to drink that every day. I know it's not as much as the recommended 2L but I'm peeing like a trooper as it is ha!
    If you're super thirsty even after drinking 2L I would see a doctor just to be on the safe side. Say you're awake from 6am till 10pm that's 150ml per hour, that should be enough to quench thirst surely.
  • ylvak94
    ylvak94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I drink between 2 and 5 liters of water a day, depending on how thirsty I am and how often I'm craving food while I'm not actually hungry. I try to have a pint of water next to me whenever possible so I can sip on it during the day, and I have a cup of black tea after every meal since it works as an appetite suppressant and stops my "post food cravings". I have very dry skin and my face feels much softer when I hover around 3-4 liters a day.