mommy trying to make health a priority

Options
Hello! I'm a mommy to beautiful 22 month old twins. I'm new to MFP and am looking for support and tips from people who know what it's like to juggle way too much but still keep health a priority.

Replies

• Lanie2012
    Lanie2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me, I still don't know what I'm doing but we're all in this together, lol
  • ashley_jes13r
    ashley_jes13r Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Alright. =) ignorance in numbers has to be better than ignorance on our own!

We will learn together!
  • ccorrado006
    ccorrado006 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! As a mother of a 23 month old I can relate! This app helps keep me accountable. Add me and we can figure it out together
  • ashley_jes13r
    Options
    I definitely need the accountability. Plus, it does me a lot of good to see that other people have worked out and done well...little bit competitive by nature.
  • scpr542
    scpr542 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mom of 4 here!! Feel free to add me
  • ashley_jes13r
    Options
    Four babes? I'm sure you're a busy mom with lots of good insight and advice.

Will add. =)
  • brongve44
    brongve44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home dad of a 19month old and 2 months away from little baby girl too come. Add me if you'd like
  • ashley_jes13r
    Options
    I'd love to. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom. It really helped with my initial weight loss, but it's getting more difficult as naps get fewer and further between. Not much dedicated workout time.
  • schokiefan
    schokiefan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mom to a 9 y.o. and a 4 month old, trying to get healthy and lose what I gained during pregnancy. New to MFP, but I know that I have to have some accountability or I won't make the changes that I need to. I have sent you a friend request. We can do this!!! :smiley:
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to 6 and 3 year old girls! I get it, mama! I work out of the home, but i understand what you mean about the dwindling nap time. You might have less "formal" workouts now, but can stay active and on your feet in spurts throughout the day. Go on a lot of walks if you can, or just pace / march in place a lot at home while you're stuck cooking or folding laundry.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm a mother of a 5 yr old and a 10 yr old. I am out of the baby/toddler stage but I do have a lot with sports and piano lessons, etc. I'm also a full time working mom and DH works full time and is a part time student. It's tough juggling everything and I'm constantly changing when my workouts are and what they are. Feel free to add me to help each other stay accountable.
  • ashley_jes13r
    Options
    Haha. YES! I do squats while I'm folding laundry. May look ridiculous but makes me laugh when the babies join in.

I'm so glad to see so many other moms who are taking the time and doing something for themselves.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Wooo TWINS! I couldn't deal. I was 22 when I had my daughter and was like "Wow I am too old for this!" HAHA :) All that crying (Okay she ended up having bad reflux and would projectile vomit and scream) but yeah still tired and my kids are now 6 and 4!!! Feel free to add me. I am still trying to figure it out myself and I work full time and work at home full time too lol!
  • ashley_jes13r
    Options
    Woo....you have to be so busy. I hope you get a nap every now and then sweetiepiestef! My little boy had reflux really bad and now a severe egg and peanut allergy that's been kind of difficult.
  • jjr0898
    jjr0898 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I added you. I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids- 3, 11, 16, 18. You can do it!
  • ashley_jes13r
    Options
    Thanks for the add! You guys are awesome.
  • dbridges835
    dbridges835 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 daughters both of which I gained 40 lbs with each. Then I was a surrogate for my friend and gained 60 lbs carrying her sweet baby due to doing 2 rounds of in vitro. I have my last 20 lbs to lose that I have been carrying around so I'm almost there. Just need that accountability :smiley: feel free to add me as a friend
  • ashley_jes13r
    Options
    Will do. How great of you to be a surrogate for your friend!

I gained 65 with the twins (a lot of water with eclampsia), but it took a long while to lose it. I'm now 60 pounds lighter than prepregnancy, but still have about 30 pounds left to go.
  • AnnikaBriggs16
    AnnikaBriggs16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of a 7 year old. I spent her first few years working full time and then became lucky enough to be a stay at home mom. I have lost 52 lbs so far and it's definitely hard with little ones. I am here for you
  • ashley_jes13r
    Options
    Thanks. =) I don't know how the moms who work do it. I'm swamped with just the babies. (Terrible 2x2's are setting in quickly). Hats off to mommies who can do it all!