Night out

Options
hey :) been doing this calorie counting and exercising for 4 weeks and have lost 11lbs:)
Been asked ona night out at weekend.. Im not a heavy drinker but i like a few archers and lemonades?
Should i just give it a miss or feel guilty about it or just go and have fun for 1 night?
Thanks

Replies

• agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    See if you can find a low calorie option for the drinks you like or stick with iced tea or diet soda. If you don't want to do that you should just hit the gym the day you go and burn some extra so you can still go without the guilt. Keep track of what you're consuming--of course if you're going out dancing keep in mind you might be burning off more calories! One night of indulgence will not set you back to start!
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    agreenid wrote: »
    See if you can find a low calorie option for the drinks you like or stick with iced tea or diet soda. If you don't want to do that you should just hit the gym the day you go and burn some extra so you can still go without the guilt. Keep track of what you're consuming--of course if you're going out dancing keep in mind you might be burning off more calories! One night of indulgence will not set you back to start!

^^ This

I would also suggest that you avoid the pre/post drinking snacks too. Try and eat well before you head out so you won't be too tempted by food.
    Great news about the weight loss so far :) you deserve a night of letting your hair down. Then back on it!
  • Kimmymummy1990
    Kimmymummy1990 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) i dont really eat when drinking anyway.. I just end up in a taxi coming home lol... It is my birthday next week aswell.. Just dont want it to ruin all my hard work lol :)
  • curlyblue21
    curlyblue21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday you deserve a night out, just go easy and start again the next day
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Definitely go out!

I went out last weekend for an event that my friends and I have been planning for months. I did my workout in the morning, ate a big salad with lots of protein for dinner and set out. I had over my calorie count for drinks but spent 4 hours dancing and it seemed to all work out in the end. I jumped right back on this week and am still going good.

Also happy birthday!
  • Kimmymummy1990
    Kimmymummy1990 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you:) think i will go.. I dont go out very often lol x
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I had a night out couple of weeks ago, quite a big session (starting at 9am).
    Just enjoy yourself then get back on it. I found from previous experience when I stopped myself doing things and cut things out, that would be when I binged.
  • catjan
    catjan Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well done! Please Go out & enjoy yourself, it's an important part of a healthy life! I've attached some Archers info. not many bars will serve diet lemonade, so try it with soda or diet tonic. Although they're not 'healthy' calories, if you count them in then you shouldn't ruin anything.
    Have fun x
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    All of this+ Dancing for hours is great exercise! Shrimp cocktail isn't calorie dense (Ok not sure about the cocktail Im not a huge fan, but boiled/grilled shrimp is great). Diet soda and hard liquor not toooo bad. Not a fan of beer but light I think ranges from 60 to 90 cals.
    You don't have to blow the diet on a nite out.. Have fun and don't worry! Tomorrow will come soon enough.