I can't stop my nighttime munchies!!!

Options
I'll eat healthy all day and exercise, but by the time 9 o'clock rolls around I am starving- and I usually pig out- also, I mostly crave junk food, why is that? I drink tons of water to help curb the urge to munch.... But it doesn't seem to be helping.

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Try to plan for a snack at night. Trim down the calories you eat during the day to compensate or do an extra workout.
  • carl_garcia
    carl_garcia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I can go all day at work and be just fine...Im going to school... so Im doing homework late into the night. I was told that my late night munching is a not really because of hunger but moreso due to fatigue.
    End of the day the body is tired and yet Im still at it doing homework and stuff. First break I take , I automatically in the kitchen whether im hungry or not. Its almost habit. Ive learned to keep almonds and healthy stuff on my desk. I also check gum
    Not sure if this helps you but I figured Id drop you a message. Best of luck.... take care of yourself.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm the same which is why I often find myself going to bed early!
    I try and plan my day out first thing in the morning so I know how many cals I have left for the day and if it's not enough then I make sure I do a few extra minutes on Wii fit so that I can have what I like although usually by the time I've done the exercise I'm too tired so don't actually consume all the extra cals anyway! :laugh:
  • joyce1973
    joyce1973 Posts: 9
    Options
    Same problem til I figured out it was my body telling me it was tired, so unless i have a reason to be up I just go to bed earlier.
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    A friend of mine told me that if I was hungry at night to drink a glass of water and then head to my bed. Even if I am not sleepy yet, just stay in bed and read or sew. This way, your body will get sleepy while laying in bed, so you won't be as apt to eat a lot at night. She also said that if this is not possible, to eat fruit like cantaloupe or a small apple, because this is way healthier than junk food for a nighttime snack.
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I knock myself out with melotonin lol otherwise I would never loose weight!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    string cheese!!! Low in calories and high in protein 1 slice of toast and peanutbutter (measure it), or laughing cow cheese (1 triangle) 1 slice of deli meat and 5-6 crackers, 1/2c yogurt and 1/4c blueberries. The protein and fiber will hold you over. n hope those are helpful snack tips. you can precalculate the calories to see if you need to cut back on something during the day