Trying to lose weight

Options
Hi everyone this is my first time on the discussion board just want to talk to people who have the same goals

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of people. Why do you want to lose weight? Is it for health mainly? How do you imagine your life will be like when you reach goal?
  • SJMask89
    SJMask89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Protip: Spend more time naked. You'll stick to your diet more if you know you'll have to be naked later. Also you'll begin to notice changes quicker. That's whats really taken my weight loss motivation to full steam ahead. Roomates to really care for it, but they don't know me, the don't know my life.
  • Donnah781
    Donnah781 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Its been tough for me. We moved out of our home town 2 yrs ago where I went out a lot more and socialized more. Now i'm more home bound and I gained 20 pounds. lost my grandmother also 2 yrs ago lost 10 pounds from that then gained it right back. I've told myself to only focus on 5 pounds to lose at a time so I don't overwhelm myself. ONE DAY AT A TIME :-)
  • lrn_frisby
    lrn_frisby Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes you are so right sorry to hear about your loss...I just have to try to remember it's a lifestyle change I just hope I lose this weight and one day be able to run a marathon.But you are so right one day at a time
  • lrn_frisby
    Options
    SJMask89 wrote: »
    Protip: Spend more time naked. You'll stick to your diet more if you know you'll have to be naked later. Also you'll begin to notice changes quicker. That's whats really taken my weight loss motivation to full steam ahead. Roomates to really care for it, but they don't know me, the don't know my life.
    Thank you for the tip I have taken pics with minimal clothing and your right it helps

• lrn_frisby
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    That's a lot of people. Why do you want to lose weight? Is it for health mainly? How do you imagine your life will be like when you reach goal?

Not all vanity health reasons, mainly I want to be able to play with my kids without getting out of breath and I hope to one day run a marathon