how do you track calories with school food?

Options
I eat lunch at school but they don't have calories posted. I know they must be moderately healthy because its portioned and they have to be with the law.

Replies

• hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You would just have to do your best to pick the closest guesses in the database, but it will still be a guess. Overestimating things a little to make up for the possible unknowns is usually a good idea. I would individually add ingredients to my best guess and don't forget to add any oils or butter they may have used to cook.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Does your school use an outside company to provide food service, such as Sodexo? If so, you can probably find their foods in the database.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Check their website, both the school's and the website of the company that provides food service.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    When you enter the food, if you see an option for Sodexo brand foods, those are the ones served at hospital cafeteria... I'd imagine a school cafeteria is similar
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I often see Sodexo foods listed in the MFP database. Search "Sodexo Campus" as there's other Sodexo categories too.
  • Curtez
    Curtez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Try to guess the best you can w the database.. Or track better w a packed lunch. Do u have that option?
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Try the bar code sometimes it will give you the info you need i do this at Costco for mostly their baked foods and it works