Caloric intake during illness.

Options
Hey All!

I've looked this up on the net, but come up with 0. Should I continue to stick to my 1200 calories while dealing with a cold, or should I bump it up to help my body get over the illness?

Just a history: I was fine yesterday untill about 8pm when I noticed that my throat felt a little scratchy. by 10pm I had to sit up to breathe, and brace myself to swallow. I took Benadryl last night incase I was reacting to dinner as I went a bit heavy on the cayenne (I'm from La.). There was a little relief, but I still feel like I'm swallowing whole eggs today!

Thanks!

Replies

• blessedmamma
    Options
    Hey All!

I've looked this up on the net, but come up with 0. Should I continue to stick to my 1200 calories while dealing with a cold, or should I bump it up to help my body get over the illness?

Just a history: I was fine yesterday untill about 8pm when I noticed that my throat felt a little scratchy. by 10pm I had to sit up to breathe, and brace myself to swallow. I took Benadryl last night incase I was reacting to dinner as I went a bit heavy on the cayenne (I'm from La.). There was a little relief, but I still feel like I'm swallowing whole eggs today!

Thanks!
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    I would not worry about your calorie intake if you're ill. Especially make sure to get vitamins! Eat healthily and it'll be fine!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I was/am sick and so far it's been a week. I haven't been 100% careful because I'm too sick to work out and just don't care as much....today was the first day I've felt decent enough to CARE! lol
    So I'm back at it. Just make sure you don't go TOO horribly over, just take care to get well!! =o)