My Fitness Pal on home computer won't work properly

Options
hlpmelos
hlpmelos Posts: 13 Member
I have been having problems entering my food for my meals throughout the day on my home computer.. I click on Food and then what meal and it keeps saying loading, loading, loading and won't bring up anything.. Is there something wrong with the computer version of the app.. I have been relying on this to help me lose weight.. I hope that there is not changes since you started charging for the premium and if you don't pay it doesn't work properly.. That would be just horrible. Please help. I really need this.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no it's your computer I suspect as I use my laptop almost exclusively for MFP...only use phone app at lunch and when I am on the go...
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​​Please check the list of Community Questions on the MFP Help page for current known (or resolved) issues.

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1978299--some-members-unable-to-add-food-via-website-
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is a known issue from yesterday and it appears to have been fixed. :)
  • hlpmelos
    Options
    It is not my computer, because it seems that other people are having issues with the web.. I can use it on my phone, but not on the web.. Hopefully as snickerscharlie said, it has been fixed.. I really appreciate this site.. It has helped me lose weight and keeps me in check with what I am eating.. I hope it continues to be available for everyone free.. It has been a life saver for me.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Happening to me this morning as well. Only on computer, not on app. Tried multiple browsers, same issue.
  • mrsmakie
    mrsmakie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me in multiple browsers as well ... any advice??
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ***Some Members Unable to Add Food via Website***

5/12/15 6:42pm PST
    Hello MyFitnessPals,

We have seen an influx of reports, starting earlier this afternoon, that some members are unable to add food to their MyFitnessPal Food Diary via web. Most users reporting this are running Windows 7 or Windows 8, and are using Chrome or Firefox. We are seeing some reports of other OS/browsers, but the bulk are within those parameters. When attempting to click "Add Food" from their Food Diary, they are met with a Loading bar that continuously loads, and never brings up the option to search for food.

Our team is actively investigating and we will have this resolved as soon as possible so this functionality can be restored. Thanks for your patience while we're looking into it. Please check back to this article for updates.

Best,
    MyFitnessPal Staff

UPDATE

May 13, 2015 - Hey all, this issue has been resolved for most users but we are still seeing some reports that this is affecting some accounts. We are working on nailing down a fix.

Thanks!
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    ***Some Members Unable to Add Food via Website***

5/12/15 6:42pm PST
    Hello MyFitnessPals,

We have seen an influx of reports, starting earlier this afternoon, that some members are unable to add food to their MyFitnessPal Food Diary via web. Most users reporting this are running Windows 7 or Windows 8, and are using Chrome or Firefox. We are seeing some reports of other OS/browsers, but the bulk are within those parameters. When attempting to click "Add Food" from their Food Diary, they are met with a Loading bar that continuously loads, and never brings up the option to search for food.

Our team is actively investigating and we will have this resolved as soon as possible so this functionality can be restored. Thanks for your patience while we're looking into it. Please check back to this article for updates.

Best,
    MyFitnessPal Staff

UPDATE

May 13, 2015 - Hey all, this issue has been resolved for most users but we are still seeing some reports that this is affecting some accounts. We are working on nailing down a fix.

Thanks!
    MyFitnessPal Staff

@snickerscharlie Thanks for posting this... I didn't think to go over and look to see what was wrong.

I had issues but they do seem to have worked themselves out. :) Thought it was my computer..relieved it's not!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Such quality really inspires people to want to pay for a premium version.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Still not fixed for me. It started this morning and is still happening.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Same here. Mac user. I can't comment on my friend's posts or add food to my diary.
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Such quality really inspires people to want to pay for a premium version.
    That was my first thought when they released the premium version. It barely works and you want me to PAY for it?
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I had this problem yesterday, it does work today, but a suggestion from MFP was to also clear your internet cache and cookies to clear any "saved" versions of the page, and then restart your browser to try again.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I noticed some "delays" in their new snazzy, animated bar, but it did work.

Hey MFP.. Keep things simple that work! Like calorie counting. :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    I had this problem yesterday, it does work today, but a suggestion from MFP was to also clear your internet cache and cookies to clear any "saved" versions of the page, and then restart your browser to try again.

Didn't help. Just tried it.
  • HeatherDenault1
    HeatherDenault1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hlpmelos wrote: »
    I have been having problems entering my food for my meals throughout the day on my home computer.. I click on Food and then what meal and it keeps saying loading, loading, loading and won't bring up anything.. Is there something wrong with the computer version of the app.. I have been relying on this to help me lose weight.. I hope that there is not changes since you started charging for the premium and if you don't pay it doesn't work properly.. That would be just horrible. Please help. I really need this.

• HeatherDenault1
    HeatherDenault1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Still not fixed for me.
  • hlpmelos
    Options
    It is having problems again isn't it.. I am trying to load my foods and it won't let me.. Keeps saying loading, loading, loading.. comeon.. I don't want to have to pay for this to get it to work.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    The only tab I can access is the Frequent Tab. the rest do nothing. Started May 13th and continues today. Windows 7 Chrome