Make it STOP!!

Options
Actually, it's help me stop. Please. I have three major stressors in my life right now. I had lost several pounds a few weeks ago and then the stressors hit. I am stuffing my face with as much junk as I can ALL DAY LONG. My largest pants are tight now. How do I put on the breaks??

I was really struck the other day when a co-worker said to me on her way out: "It's been such a stressful day! I can't wait to get home and take a long walk." Of course, I was waiting until I could get somewhere to access more food and then get in bed and sulk.

I have answered this question for other people before, but I can't seem to help myself now that I'm in the middle of it.

Thanks.

Replies

• kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well, you have identified that you are a stress eater and as an emotional eater, I can totally relate. Personally, I choose to do something that moves me away from the kitchen. If I was to sulk, I grab a bottle of water, my phone (mfp mobile!!) or book and go take a nice long bath. Or I go work in my garden/flower bed, or play with the dog....anything that moves my *kitten* out of the kitchen. Unfortunately, you can't say "Stress" is shoving this food at me/down my throat! It all boils down to choices. You can choose to continue down the current road or you choose not to by doing something else. Sorry if this seemed harsh, but I'm not a sugar coater (cuz then i would either eat it or use it as an excuse over and over and get back in "trouble"). :) There is a possibility that maybe part if it is bloating/water weight from all the excess(?)
  • lastfarewell
    lastfarewell Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Actually, it's not the kitchen at home. It's junk food out on the way to work, on the way home, on the way anywhere. I should try putting my purse in the backseat when I'm on the go. Not a bad idea! Thank you for your post, kbsangel1986.
  • kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I used to spend roughly 2 1/2 hours in the car each day. I know how hard the fast food habit is to break. Definitely try putting your purse in the backseat or trunk but a bag/lunch box up front with you filled with pre-logged/pre-measures fruits and veggies. After a while, you don't have the urge to swing through McD's as often, you start feeling full sooner (mindless eating is another problem I had) and you can eventually wean yourself off from it if you choose. You will find what works for you. I did :)
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    my biggest advice is to keep busy! get involved in an activity after work - anything. Go take a painting class, do an active class, or go to the mall and try on clothes (always a reality check). By keeping busy, you don't think of food and it's easier not to binge.