Mom fitness

Options
Hi all!
Need some ideas for getting exercise while having a 2 and 3 year old? Right now I throw them in the stroller and walk (would jog, but don't have or can afford to replace with a jogger) What do other moms with young ones do? Any ideas much appreciated!!!!

Replies

• determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 2-year-old. I do www.fitnessblender.com videos every morning. She plays now (with few to moderate interruptions) during the videos, but when she was younger I had to wait for nap time.
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jessica Smith you tube channel?...

http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 2-year-old. I do www.fitnessblender.com videos every morning. She plays now (with few to moderate interruptions) during the videos, but when she was younger I had to wait for nap time.

Thanks for this!!! I have 30 day shred DVDs but they've become repetitive. Just what I need to change it up :smile:
  • MsFosta
    MsFosta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my son is 3 now, and i went to walmart about several different Jillian Michaels videos that i rotate through so i dont get bored. and most of her videos have two seperate workouts to choose from
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I either walk while wearing my nearly 3 year old on my back or ride my bike with her on the back.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    I either walk while wearing my nearly 3 year old on my back or ride my bike with her on the back.

Whoa how do you carry her on your back? I've got 2 does it come in double lol
  • sterling_briggs93
    sterling_briggs93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Trx and walks are perfect
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Need some ideas for getting exercise while having a 2 and 3 year old? Right now I throw them in the stroller and walk (would jog, but don't have or can afford to replace with a jogger) What do other moms with young ones do? Any ideas much appreciated!!!!

I get up 2h before everyone else and run 3x and lift 3x a week.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and a 9 month old. I made Zumba playlists on YouTube and do that at home.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Turn on music and have a dance party. Play tag.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Also don't be afraid to do little bursts of exercise throughout the day when you have 10 minutes or so. You could do a tabata or check out Wahoo's 7 minute fitness app. I haven't tried it myself yet.