home or gym

Options
kevcren
kevcren Posts: 49 Member
Do you workout at home or in the gym? Why?

My answer - both. I see better results and feel more comfortable at home but there are more weights in the gym LOL so i go back and forth

Replies

• weightliftingbarbie
    weightliftingbarbie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Both, lighter weights at home, super heavy at my gym :)
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I find it a lot easier to put it off if I'm home. There are endless distractions and excuses. If I go somewhere for the express purpose of exercising, I focus better on getting it done.
  • kayrockit
    kayrockit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Gym!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Home and outdoors. No access to a gym nearby and honestly would rather be at home or outside even if there was. No excuses like too busy to commute, car trouble, bad weather etc.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Home= no excuses, comfort, schedule and I can sing really loud in my underwear.

My fitness room is well-equipped but it seems there is always an exercise I have to alter to fit with what I have --gyms have most equipment.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Home
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Gym all the way. I just don't get around to it at home and I don't push myself as hard alone. I like to take classes and at my gym I have to register for each one. Having a set time for it makes it happen, and having peer pressure/coaches pushing me makes the workout way better. Plus I think I like the social aspect and people watching.
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Gym. Buying all the equipment would get pricy and I don't have a lot of space for it. Plus at home my cat is always getting in my way.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Gym. I am a spoiled princess who has everything she wants at the gym. And almost never has to share or wait for equipment.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Gym right now. When I buy a house I'll make a glorious home gym.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    There's no place like home.
  • FullOnBurn
    FullOnBurn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Home 100%
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Home. My routine is mainly BWF with some dumbbell work.

Upside - I use time saved from not commuting to the gym to enjoy a cup of coffee with my wife before heading off to work.

Downside - The work out room is a shared space with the grand kids play room. Getting the toys out of the way is part of my warm up.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Home. I like to workout with my own equipment and gear in a room that is free of distractions. I can adjust the temperature to my comfort zone, play my music loud and use my own bathroom. I know my home gym is clean because I do that myself. I love getting outside for exercise too.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Home. I like to workout with my own equipment and gear in a room that is free of distractions. I can adjust the temperature to my comfort zone, play my music loud and use my own bathroom. I know my home gym is clean because I do that myself. I love getting outside for exercise too.
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. I like not having to make a special trip and once I'm done I can immediately focus on what I need to get done around the house. I used to think it saved me money but the cost of equipment has added up over time so it's mostly just more convenient.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Home - the only time I have to work out is super early in the morning. I get up at 5 am to get it in, I just can't seem to workout during lunch or after work. I have a treadmill, some weights, a barbell & adjustable dumbbells.
  • strip3scat
    strip3scat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Home. I do bodyweight (dips, pull-ups, press-ups, etc) so don't really need a gym.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    home and jogging the streets for my cardio, much more economical and convenient.

29509743.png
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I do planks at home and run but when I go to the gym I always run to it, one mile away. I have to run a couple of miles past it to get a decent run in.