Time to make a change

Options
My name is Amanda, and this is my story.
When I was 8 I decided to live with my grandparents. I was pretty a pretty thin kid when I first started living with them, until I had a checkup at the doctors. He said I was a little underweight for my age, and this is where things took a turn for the worst. My grandmother is a hypochondriac, and she thought that because I'm underweight, I need to start eating a lot more. She'd make me an adult size meal, and tell me if I don't eat it all, the doctor will place a tube in my stomach and force feed me that way. Letting you know, I was 8 and that scared me into eating everything that was on my plate...and then some. I've gained weight like crazy. When I moved back in with my mom she didn't have a problem with my weight, so she never constantly reminded me to eat more, It just got stuck in my head that I had to. I knew I wasn't comfortable with my weight when I was twelve, I weighed 160 lbs. I've always said I would do something, but I never did. I'm 18 now and weight 185 lbs. I have friends who are motivated to stay in shape, and a boyfriend to motivate and workout with me. I'm now constantly reminded to loose weight instead of gain weight. It's time to make a change.

Replies

• KRoth321
    KRoth321 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's sounds pretty tough. Looks like you are finally on your journey to health. I wish you all the best!
  • mandapie97
    mandapie97 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much :)