Michelle Bridges - Losing the last 5Kgs Blog Day by Day

Options
rooboi85
rooboi85 Posts: 52 Member
Eve before D-Day

Hi all, ok so tomorrow I am starting Mich's loosing the last 5kgs. There has been alot of talk going around about this book so I though if I blog my experiance day by day many of you might find it useful.

For background I'm 25 male and current weight is 80.6kg. I weighed 86kg just over 6 weeks ago. I lost the first part through dieting and jogging - I began using couch to five K. Well worth looking at for anyone who says to themselves "I wish I could run" in under 7 weeks I've gone from having stitch pain after less than a min to running 45mins at 7.5kmph!

Anyways after watching this years Biggest Loser I decided I wanted to try Michelles program. I've read her book over and over and went shopping yesterday for everything I needed - first week shopping is a bit costly but it's all good nutritional foods and if I offset the extra cost againest what I used to waste on smokes or a few beers a night then your defo quids in!

The program is very easy to follow with lots of step by step guides and photos so I'm defo prepared for my first session tomorrow morning.

I decided to utilize my garage for a gym setup rather than waste money at the gym membership. I got 20kg bar bells a fitness ball and mat for under 1

Replies

• rooboi85
    Options
    100 dollars at Kmart and Big W. I am going to need to invest in a bench at some point but until then a chair and hehe an old plastic water tank are in use - recycle what you can! (perfect for size for leap froging over) Getting fit dosent have to mean laying out a fortune on equipment.

My goal was to be 79kg which I have never been since a young teenager however considering I am now only 1.5kg from it I need to reasess so shall we say 75kg by 6th June is my goal my 26th birthday.

Anyways I hope you find this interesting and as I progress Ill send you updates

Thanks Jamie
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week One Day One - Cardio/Fitness

Current stats :

Weight - 80.6kg
    Chest - 100cm
    Waist - 93cm
    Hips - 95cm
    Thighs - 58cm

Current pics available here -

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1910377671935.109751.1016662843&l=2c9129fc1f
    Goal - 75.0Kg - 1st June 2011

Ok, well just completed my first day of exercise following Mich's plan. It went well - wasn't any part that I couldn't complete - the ab crunches were prob the hardest trying to get the right technique to avoid my neck hurting.

Basically its a 6 itemed cardio circuit with a 5 min warm up jog and then some 400m sprints.

I found it very useful to do some short walks yesterday with my GPS and work out some rough distances so i can easily do some there and backs and continue with my next round.

For those of new needing some advice/motivation or whatever - heres my top tips to keep going.......... some my own some borrowed....

I find I always achieve my best first thing in a morning - empty stomach - no distractions - yes it's cold but trust me the sense of clam, tranquility and personal satisfaction you feel when at 7-8am you have just burnt a ton of calories and your loved ones are till being lazy in bed!! You will also quickly find you have more energy for the rest of the day - your colleagues and friends will be jealous!

As Michelle says "If you're looking for a great workout, a killer calorie burn and more feel-good happiness than a gay dance party, you can't beat a solid 40-minute aerobic exercise session" first thing in the morning! Plus this will certainly get your metabolism pumping and rearing to go.....

I believe you should always have your music thumping - I find when running I sync my pace to the beat so if you have Judy Garland crooning to the White Cliffs of Dover your not going to burn those calories like you would if you paced your beat to something more modern!

I also think you should always have your power song at the the ready mine at the moment is Heath Small - Proud - so when I do a run say 40mins I know by 30mins I start loosing the focus and drive so this comes on and it pushes you complete your task.

Remember that we are making life chances at the moment so the biggest battle is your mind and will power - it is easier to pick up the Pringles and put off the push ups and we have all done it time and time again....

Ok well join me again tomorrow for weights training and tomorrows advice on temptation....

Jamie xx
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week One Day Two

Bit stiff today - especially in the ab region after yesterdays crunches and tight in the neck! Tired too this week but thats down to the shifts too!

Ok so the food plan for yesterday was ok - its official that me and Salmon were never meant to be - i was squeezy most of the day!

Todays food looks alot better - had a gorgeous tuna fillet salad for lunch egg white omlette for breakie and pan fried chicken for dinner - yummo!

The exercises where a bit full on this morning - not particulary hard but exhaustion - or weak mind quickly set in but I got there in the end - I am not a quitter!!

ok, I did make a slight modification and for my dumb-bell step up alternated between the dinning room table chair and 2 steps on my garage stairs when the going got too much - but I didn't give in thats the acheivement!

Ok so todays tip is Do you play the game Tempation and to over come it!!

You know those days at work where everywhere you look is unhealthy choices the vending machine staring at you - the office girl who raises the question of "chicken and chips for lunch?", another birthday cake - always the cheesecake with chocolate pieces or the packet of biscuits doing the rounds then I look at my desk - a stick of celery and a natural yoghurt dip - and to top it of the girl ordering the chicken and chips is like a stick and constantly eats whatever she feels like!

We've all been in that situation but how do you overcome it?

I find using this site is a big helper - actually knowing how much crap is in those little treats puts me off - especially if you consider that even a smallish slice of cheesecake can easily be 400cals alone!! minus this from your daily allowence

If the above doesn't work with me or the initial surge of good willpower starts to waiver then I use my next tatic...

LAYBY! - you know how layby works - You want something you can't have it now but you can later on - so say to yourself no I won't have the chocolate bar now but at 1800 I will. Then buy the time that 1800 rolls around I usually find that the urge for the item has passed and its almost dinner time anyways.

If at the time you are still dying for the treat - have it after all you do derserve something nice every now again!

Each time you say No - it does get eaiser - same with quitting the smokes or anything else you want to give up in life - just keep saying no turn your back on it and head for a new direction...

Keep up the good work - until tomorrow!
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week One Day 3

Ok so today I'd had enough the temptations were harder, I'd had not enough sleep late finish at work an a early start this morning and my muscles are in agony inparticular my legs - so I crumbled and had 2 squares or milk chocolate and a dorrito.

Had Red Cross training tonight and they provided Pizzas so 3 slices there :-(

On the positive I stuck to the rest of the food and exercise
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Plan And did a 45min run in pouring rain - that's the JFDI attitude!

Early night today need to rest up and let those muscles heal ready for tomorrows weight training sessions.

Coincidentally today was the new weigh in day and I came in at 79.9 a loss of .5kg in 3 days - I can no remember the last time I was in the 70's!

Until tomorrow

J x
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week One Day Four

Very sore and tired again tOday! Funny how Mich doesn't mention any of this in her book hehe but still forcing myself to carry on with the routine so did a Michelle's Super Shedder DVD at 6am this morning rather than a morning of squats with a bar weights.

Awful weather at work today so I walked around the garage at work and utilized the fire escape stairs to scale a dozen or so times.

Food ok last two days have been hard temptation wise and I cracked at lunch and had a sausage roll plus a ting piece of birthday cake Kept to the rest of the eating plan tonight was beef with a salsa has actually yummo.

Going to get a good nights sleep tonight so am better focused to stay strong tomorrow I defo find that when I'm tired I find it easier to give into my cravings.

Tomorrow is a more gentler exercise day so planning a late afternoon jog the. Some pilates moves before my 1st super Saturday 90mins of exercise think I'll do a run with an aim of making it to 1hr then either a walk to cool down or SS DVD session.

All the best with your goals and speak again soon!
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week One - Day Five

Almost one week in and still going well!

Got home and went for a 4km run abit longer than Mich requests but after yesterday's "snacks" I thought I'd do me good. Came home and did my core and fitball work out - now you wish u were a fly on the wall trying to balance on top of a ball and lift limbs of the floor and balance ain't as easy at it seems I'm sure Mich would have been ashamed of me today there was no coordiatio. Whatsoever but I succeeded and completed the workout.

Looking forward to my first supersaturday going to aim for an hours jog and the super stripper DVD workout.

All the best for your weekends I know how hard they can be to keep on track!
  • kaylah_x
    kaylah_x Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep it up :) And its good to know about the C25K going to start it next week :)
  • rooboi85
    Options

C25k is awesome and well worth the pain! Hehe

Look up this group lots of useful information and most all all motivation everyday from people doing the same as you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186189-starting-couch-to-5k-want-to-join

Glad to know spending time writing this is helping at least one person!

X
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week One Day 6

Ok, had a night from hell sleep wise and spent most of it out of the bed! Just what I wanted before hitting my first SS!

Dragged myself out of bed not feeling very motivated and if anything feeling like I had gained some weight!! - So gave in on my rule to only look at the scales on weigh in day - 79.0KG - YIPPPEE that was my goal weight when I had first started to use MFP only a few short weekes ago - 14lbs ago infact!

With new motivation after reading that went and hit the ground running - took Dozer one fo my two Kelpies with me and pushed out 62mins run/jog - 9.8KM's - Big pat on the back moment - to think only March 24th 2011 I ran for 1 minute then walked for 1 1/2 mins x 8 - and was red like a tomato and suffering bad cramps and here I am jsut shy of 10km in just over 60mins!!

Came home and because it is a SS - did 2 circuits and adominal workouts with Mich Super Sheredder system.

Had my pancake breakfast - yummo! - Healthy of cause! One of Mich's recipes!

Had a busy day out with the family - went to see the King Tut exhibition in Melbourne and then working today - sorry Mich your plan has gone by the wayby today - but a good lesson - Mich plans can't always be there and its about making the right choices in those moments and not succombing to the usual KFC, Burger and Chips type of foods which is so easily done!

Lunch was a Spud potato with Tuna and raw veggies - came out 150cals over my usual lunch allowence but missed a snack today so that should even it out!

Dinner - well the work crew are having chicken burgers, chips and coke - the thought of it still appeals but I can see a kind of inner sense tellling me not only does it never taste as good as you beleve it will - the over load of carbs will only make me bloated, i'll feel tired (not good when working till 3am) and i'll completey feel unsatisfied with myself after allt he great and hard work I've done so far........

So I've ordered a salad - no dressing requested!

and some chicken - i'll remove the skin and to be naughty I've ordered a super small size of scollop potatoes - just like 3 slices and a dollop of the sauce - just to settle the deal internally that I can eat what I want just in suitable ammounts - my old foods that i used to gorge on - I still love and always will but now I have to see these foods as small treats once a week in a treat sized portion.

Food is a fuel to keep your engine ticking over - simply put and its good to remind yourself this before you dealve into the all you can eat buffy - fill your car up with dirty oil and she'll run like a old worn out girl!

Anyways enough of my ramblins!

All in all a great first week - though looking forward to a lazy day tomorrow exercise wise (Sunday is the day of rest on the plan) - tomorrow morning is the dogs morning so Obediance and then Fly Ball then home to an afternoon on the sofa with some good TV me thinks!

Until Monday!
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week Two Day One

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Yesterdays day off was nice though still kept food to plan for the day - really enjoying the recipes I am trying lots of new things and new spices. Starting to feel like I have hit a plateau with weight loss but maybe it's muscle going on as some of the exercising ar becoming easier to complete. Will find out on Wednesday at my next weigh in if it is just in my mind I hope it is I have been so good and stuck to everything I've been told.

Exercised this morning with one of Mich's DVD's - Tight Toned Terriffic defo Recommend it a very good cardio and strength circuit session about 40mins long the. Finished off with a jog round block about a km then streches.

Tomorrow is my accelerator day less carbs and some weight training.

Until tomorrow

:-)
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week Two Day Two

So woke up late - slept for ages last night so was in a rush so only did 3 circuits from Mich's Super Shredder DVD plus the adominal work out.

Got to work and was falling asleep, was tired and arms pecs sore from Monday - when I am tired I become week and helped myself to some goodies making the rounds though I was naughty and took temptation I ensure my portion sizes were small and I stuck too the rest of my plan and omitted a snack to keep within my intake goal.

Rest of the day went well fingers crossed for a good result in the morning at weigh in homing to have a dropped 1kg this week so around 78.9kg is good

Will update tomorrow with the good or excellent news!!
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week Two Day Three

Ok day of no will power or motivation....

Woke up feeling sluggish and really not in the mood for a 10min run let alone a 45min run - but I though the old me would have given in a said oh "one day won't hurt" so I got out there did the 10mins and it wasn't so bad so did the remainder. Still not going to plan - tripped over myself 2 dogs tangled several times around te leashes and eventually made it home - I still did it!

Jumped on the scales and learnt that I curretly weigh in at the same weight as a week ago great! Determination and will power completely gone and wanted to rade the vending machine settled for a slice of cake :-( but remained to the rest of daily plan believe me it was hard I was so tempted to do a KFC or Hungry Jacks run but used this to work out that just a roller something j used to get as a snack is 450cals!

Oh well back on the band wagon tomorrow and hoping that maybe this weeks is all
    About muscle toning not the fat so much.

Keep the faith and think motovating thoughts for me please!!!
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week Two Day Three

Another day I lost the plot - a coffee morning at work cakes galore and me in the middle - felt sluggish and crap rest of day - mental note remember this feeling in times of weakness!

Came home and forced my way though he Tigher Toned Terriffic DVD to make myself feel better and had the egg white omlette with veggies for tea.

Tomorrow is my super Saturday day as I am working 1hr rub aiming to hit the 10km mark and the a beginners yoga or pilates DVD

Wish me look

X x
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week Two Day Six

Not much to report today, followed the plan mostly but was out for dinner and had a jacket potato with meat and gravy - missed the rest of snacks to try to even out the unknown calorie variable then had roasted veggies with a garlic yoghurt dip yummo!

Did my first yoga DVD tonight - needs more practice but can see the benefits!

Also did some home baking and made fruit muesli bars with a yoghurt drizzle 130cals a bar! With atleast 2 superfoods included.

Tomorrow is hard work im working and somehow néed to get 1hr of running in hopeing it will be light enough for me to go first thing rather then later at night when it will be dark again.

Enjoy your weekends and the best of luck to you all
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week Two Day Six

Just noticed my day numbers are up ****s creek so I appologise...

Ok well todays exercise was a no go I slept in then decided to set my alarm again so I could do a bit of a DVD and set it for the complete wrong time and ended up being late for work!

Came home and it was too late and dark to do anything. I did however do the usual 1km walk with the dogs and during my work breaks did some step climbing and 2pm stroll.

Tomorrow alarm set correctly and will do my hour run as prescribed! 10km plus in a hour is the goal
  • sare26
    sare26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    really enjoying reading your posts... keep up the great work! I am really interested in what people think of this book before i go out and buy it
  • rooboi85
    Options
    WeeK Two Day 7

Forced myself out on the run this morning had absolutely no motivation or energy!

Did the usual terrain track and constantly had to keep my mind on the goal instead of you could just take this shortcut home....

Did have to walk for a bit started to turn queasy and got stitch haven't had one in weeks but pushed though and did 65mins burnt 857 calories according to gps.

Pretty stuffed rest of day and sleeping heaps more than usual this past week.

Food was ok steamed veggies and meat for tea and fruit and yoghurt cereal for brekie with a tortilla for lunch

Tomorrow will be a fitness DVD and fitness test so will post results
  • rooboi85
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2

Hi all sorry for not responding yesterday.

I spent the past part of the last two days laid up with a cold and IBS so no exercise.

Had a complete low point yesterday and had a binge chocolate, chips and bakery goods..... I'll be honest it felt great and I didn't regret it - I felt like **** sprawled on my sofa not able to do some basic housework.

Ok I'm not condonIng eating **** loads of empty calories in a binge but you can't live on healthy grub 24/7 either the trick is to know what you are eating - a rough idea of the calories so when you do have a blow out do it in the least damaging way possible - I knew I wanted chocolate and instead of selecting my old frav
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!