But I'm really not hungry

Options
Why do I sometimes feel like eating everything in site,like binge eating but I'm really not even hungry?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    cause our brains *kitten* with us.....
  • meghanrushman
    meghanrushman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    AND what are some ways to deal with this?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    find something else to do....
    or give in, if you have calories to spare.
    drink water (i drink all day so that has no effect on me)
    brush your teeth
    go for a walk

whatever method of distraction works best for you....
  • meghanrushman
    meghanrushman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll try that. ..thank you!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If you're eating because you're bored, get up and do something. Go for a workout, clean your closet, garden...

If you're eating because of emotions, keep a journal, figure out your triggers, learn new ways to deal with stress (work out, phone a friend, etc)
  • smokebillowing
    smokebillowing Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep your mouth busy...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    I'll try that. ..thank you!

most of the time its mind games and not hunger.

im really not hungry when i eat my oatmeal cream pies but they sure do taste good ;) LOLOLOL

You just have to find what works for you, whether its an activity, a lower calorie snack, or something else.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I save up errands I need to do for work during hungry moments (if it isn't time for a meal or snack). I'll leave the office and usually I'll forget about it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Make sure you really aren't hungry - you can be malnourished and overweight, or just eating too few calories - avoid a too aggressive goal.

Don't deprive yourself completely of foods you love - occasional treats can be a part of a healthy diet.

Find something else to do, preferably something that is incompatible with eating - sing, swim, take a shower or a nap.
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Keep your mouth busy...

lol as every ones mind goes in the gutter. Well mine did! Also chew lots of gum and yes drink lots of water! Bottled water tastes much better then water from the city or from your tanks.. In all honesty. :)

• sgirl2009
    sgirl2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chew gum to trick your brain into thinking you're eating :)
  • itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I drink hot tea, like Throat Coat or Chai if it's at night. If it's morning or afternoon I'll drink a cup of coffee and that helps.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Keeping your mouth, mind and/or hands busy can help a lot.

If you watch TV, learn to knit or crochet while doing it.
    Chew gum, brush your teeth, eat things with almost zero calories like celery or carrot sticks, sing out loud.
    Take a walk, take a bath, ride a bike, do something active, go to bed early.
    Read a really good book or research something you've wondered about on the internet.
    Clean something.