Fit bits

Options
chastings32
chastings32 Posts: 9 Member
Suggestions on the fit bits... Are they worth it yes or no?
Does anyone have the one called the 'Charge' I think it is if so do you love it?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have the non HRM Fitbit Charge... Love this..
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I've used a fitbit zip ($39 on ebay) since I hit maintenance two years ago. Syncs beautifully with MFP and, if I hit my goal, gives my an extra 600 calories a day from walking. My schedule is erratic, so I like to log my exercises so I eat more when I move and less when I don't. SO worth it. I've lost it twice and replaced it because I can't live without it. No one notices - I normally wear it on my waistband, but if it doesn't fit well there, it fits in your bra fine.
  • coffeelover01
    coffeelover01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and so far it's been pretty good. I've had it about a month. I especially like the sleep function on it since I toss and turn a lot at night. The heart rate feature seems to be accurate and if it uses your heart rate to calculate your calorie burn, then at least you know it's more accurate than just using what a exercise machine would give you.
  • unbreakable51
    unbreakable51 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one. I'm not even sure they make them anymore. I haven't had it a year yet, but it seems like the flex and zip were more popular, and now they have the fitbit charge. I got the fitbit one because I didn't want to wear it on my wrist. You can clip the one anywhere, and I usually keep it on my bra. If I had to replace it, I would probably get a zip. The Zip doesn't have a sleep tracking feature, but I never use that anyway. I like the One because it track how many floors you climb too. A walk up a big hill near my house is equivalent to climbing 20 floors!
    Whatever you get, it's a cool, really fun tool. I love mine!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge (not HR one, although I kind of wished I would have gotten that one), and I LOVE it. I had the One before this, and it was great too. Love my Fitbit! Definitely worth the money, in my opinion.
  • Jossies01
    Jossies01 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit ChargeHR. I find the hrm to be fairly accurate but it drops out a lot during high intensity workouts (I do Insanity dvd's with Shaun T) which is rather annoying because I can't get an accurate calorie count afterwards. I do like the watch for the steps factor, it definitely motivates me to move more and try to challenge myself to reach a certain amount of steps a day. I mainly got the Charge HR for the hrm and since its not very accurate when I need it most I would probably purchase a different watch with heart rate monitor chest strap instead if I could go back.

I do recommend them for the steps counting a stuff though which I find very motivating. Would also be worth it if you were do less intense workouts like walking or a workout that gained intensity slowly.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have Charge HR (the strap is better on the HR as it is a buckle) and LOVE it. The only issue I have is that I have to hold on to arm rests on the treadmill, so I have to tuck it into my waistband then. But I love the vibrating alarm (soundless so doesn't wake hubby in the morning) and the way it automatically puts exercise calories into MFP. Best techie item I ever bought.
  • KRoth321
    KRoth321 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I recently got a charge HR and I'm addicted! Certainly worth the money. I also notice that sometimes it doesn't accurately reflect my heart rate during intense exercise. It'll read something on my wrist and then log a different reading on the app. But the apps work well together and I also track exercise on map my fitness, which I find to be more accurate for calculating distance with GPS. I say go for it!