1week no results

Options
jeanajoy85
jeanajoy85 Posts: 4 Member
im so discouraged. Trying to loose baby weight. No weight loss yet.

Replies

• sgirl2009
    sgirl2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Baby weight is going to be the hardest to get rid of! But, keep at it and don't give up because it will come off! I wish you the best of luck :)
  • kevcren
    kevcren Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    what are you doing for your workouts and nutrition? Do you have a plan you are following?
  • heidibutterfly
    heidibutterfly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How old is your baby? Are you b/f? Your body might still be trying to hold onto all the fat it can for the baby. Unless, like with me, the baby's now 3.5 years old ;) Have you been honest with your logging of food and did you keep under the goals? X

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    1 week is not long enough to see results. Give it 4-6 weeks. If still there is no change, then begin questioning what you're doing.
  • jeanajoy85
    Options
    Thanks everyone. @kevcren I'm just eating better. 1200 Cals and walking. I need to loose about 30 lbs! @heidijthomas3 My baby turned 5months yesterday.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    One week isn't long enough to judge.

Are you using a food scale to weigh everything you consume?? If not, get one asap
  • kevcren
    kevcren Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @jeanajoy85 hmm.. are you ever hungry? likereally hungry
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    jeanajoy85 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. @kevcren I'm just eating better. 1200 Cals and walking. I need to loose about 30 lbs! @heidijthomas3 My baby turned 5months yesterday.

Are you breastfeeding? If so, you need to rethink your calorie goal. LLL recommends a minimum of 1800 calories. My baby will be 4 months old tomorrow, so I get it. But you need to make sure you're getting adequate calories for you and baby. 1200 calories doesn't cut it in that case. If you're doing formula, that's another story, haha. But still, give it more than a week.
  • heidibutterfly
    heidibutterfly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hmmm then you should have lost a few lbs....what are you weighing yourself on? The Wii fit balance board for example is very unreliable. My home scales won't detect a small change so each morning I have to partially balance on it until it reads 2 stone, then get off and then weigh myself....perhaps try that?Also take measurements as muscle weighs more than fat. Have you weighed yourself each day? Weight fluctuates naturally a little so I do daily weighing, as if I just did once a week and it happened to be a heavier weight I'd be gutted.finally if your period is due this could account for 3lbs or so....
    .stick with it hun x
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    are you weighing your food. on a scale? and logging ALL your food and drinks?

if you are breastfeeding, you need to follow your doctors guidelines/orders, even if that means you don't lose weight until after baby is weaned.
  • jeanajoy85
    Options
    @ninkyou I'm not breastfeeding anymore. I stopped when I went back to work.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    @ninkyou I'm not breastfeeding anymore. I stopped when I went back to work.

K, then it's just a matter of patience and accurate logging.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    im so discouraged. Trying to loose baby weight. No weight loss yet.

Only 1 week? It took me 10 days before I saw the first little hint of a result.

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Hmmm then you should have lost a few lbs....what are you weighing yourself on? The Wii fit balance board for example is very unreliable. My home scales won't detect a small change so each morning I have to partially balance on it until it reads 2 stone, then get off and then weigh myself....perhaps try that?Also take measurements as muscle weighs more than fat. Have you weighed yourself each day? Weight fluctuates naturally a little so I do daily weighing, as if I just did once a week and it happened to be a heavier weight I'd be gutted.finally if your period is due this could account for 3lbs or so....
    .stick with it hun x

It takes weeks to months of eating at a surplus to caloric requirement and intentional muscle building exercise for the average woman to gain a pound of muscle. Water weight could be the culprit, or simply not giving it enough time.

Make sure you are being accurate with your portion sizes (a food scale is a huge help and you can get one at Target for under $30), track every single morsel, and see how it's going in two or three more weeks.
  • KRoth321
    KRoth321 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Are you using a food scale to weigh everything you consume?? If not, get one asap

Do you really think a food scale is necessary for accuracy? If like to hear your experience if you'd share.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    KRoth321 wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

Do you really think a food scale is necessary for accuracy? If like to hear your experience if you'd share.

Weighing portions is very eye-opening. Also a little bit depressing as I come to the realisation that what I think of as "one portion" is often 4 or 5 portions.

• KRoth321
    KRoth321 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Ok I'll be ordering myself a food scale then. My weight loss has stalled and maybe it's because I'm underestimating my calorie intake. Thanks a bunch!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I love playing the game of putting food in a measuring cup and then weighing to get the real number. Nearly always, it's way off. . . and not in the direction one would hope.
  • mianineteen87
    mianineteen87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It takes time. A week is nothing babes. Keep it up and it will pay off.