Plateau Pals

Options
Lost 44 lbs but have hit a plateau! Still motivated, trying to switch up Fitness routine.
Add me as a freind, I need people around me who are serious about Fitness & nutrition to keep me going and get the scale moving DOWNWARD again!
Peace!
Bruinsmama
MA

Replies

• keeponcrushinit
    Options
    I have the same... I am just starting calorie cycling and I think this will work, I showed a drop today for the first time in forever!!
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i'm with you two. right now i'm just eating regular amount of calories, hopefully this will break this forever plateau.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck as well, been ping pinging with the same 5lbs for around 6 months. I'm currently trying net calories, which is what Myfitnesspal suggests any way - eating back the calories I burn, but it's a really foreign concept to me so I am struggling, I burn calories because I want them gone, not so I can eat more when I am not even hungry!

Gonna stick with it though and hope I can finally get things moving again :)
  • vixi76
    vixi76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck too and have decided to do the calorie cycling thing. I see that it's helped other people, so I really hope it works for me!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    what is calorie cycling?
    I am hopelessly stuck too and the instructor at the gym said to try short bursts of intense cardio or hills to raise my heart rate to 90% for a minute every few minutes or so in a 30 min workout.

I am trying it and staying off the scale because if I seeone more thing not work again after all of the hard work, I will just be tired and cranky for nothing....and really want to give up.

I too have been trying toeat back some exercise calories but like another person posted, you exercise tohave them gone not to reeat them even when not hungry. But if that is what it takes....again I will try anything
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I am in too. Add me if you want. I lost weight fast in the beginning, but now am struggling to lose. Good luck - we can do this.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have been on a plateau for more than 15 months (I was following Weight Watchers). Then I quit and I've gained a couple of kilos. Hence why I've just joined here. But honestly, sometimes I think my body just wants me at this weight. :(