A Cheat Day??????????

teresaq1
teresaq1 Posts: 53
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Alright guys. I have heard several people mention this concept of a cheat day. Do I dare allow this for myself? How often? How much do you cheat?

Replies

• erikrichter
    erikrichter Posts: 19 Member
    Not a whole DAY... Just a cheat meal or two spread out over the week. Keeps me sane.
  • josephine_x
    josephine_x Posts: 90 Member
    I can't bring myself to cheat at the mo, too into it! Mind you I've only been doing this for 2 weeks and still feeling very motivated! I suppose my only cheat was quite a few vodkas last wkend.......two stone of baby weight to lose though so not doing that too often.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Hi! I don't do any "planned" cheat days, but have gone on several weekend mini vacations & really let loose! Went over on the calories big time, drank cocktails, etc. I get right back on track on Monday. The 2 times I've had these "cheat" weekends, I lost 2-4 pounds by the next week! Don't have a clue why this happens, but from posts I've read, the body seems to like it when you change it up a bit.:flowerforyou:
  • Saturday is my cheat day, I allow myself whatever I want, the key of course is not to go crazy and eat 10,000 calories and reverse all the hard work you have done earlier in the week. But a glass of Coke or a Hershey bar isn't going to kill you.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    I prefer to call it a splurge day :wink: Usually one day a week where I'm out and it's hard to keep track of what I'm eating or there's extra food and I go over, but not more than a few hundred calories. Then back on track...
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Sundays. I don't necessarily let loose and eat whatever I want for the entire day, but I'm not as strict on myself. And I always accurately log whatever I eat unless it's too hard to log.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    I have a maintenance day. I am set for 1lb a week so I only go 500 calories over.
  • laaiqahg
    laaiqahg Posts: 2 Member
    I did a programme called Body for Life a 12 week programme and it allowed a cheat day. So I would usually just have that burger I was craving or slice of chocolate cake. As the weeks went by I didnt want to cheat any longer so I skipped my cheat day to see results faster :)
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    An entire day is too much. A cheat meal sounds more like it. In a day you can eat thousands of calories. I know my dinner could be an easy 1,200 cals (pre counting cals). Thats 250 less than my daily. A WHOLE day of cheating defeats all the work you have done that week. Just my opinion.
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Great advice!!! I think I am going to allow myself a dinner out once a month. don't think I can feel good going whole hog on the meal, but might have that real butter on homemade bread and something excitng for dinner, and maybe even a dessert. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
This discussion has been closed.