Kettleworkx..Starting Mon May 23..Who's With me?

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
Well I have had these videos for about a year now and haven't tried them so why not!

A lot of people are into kettlebell and getting great results and summer is just around the corner so lets take the next 6 weeks and get lean for the summer clothes!

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Whats kettlebell?
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Its a weight that is shaped like a ball with a handle so it is easier to move it around your body and over your head. Google it, it is a very good workout.
  • vickychristie
    vickychristie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ive been doing a kettle class at gym for a few weeks now..still dont know how many cals for a 45 min class thou x
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I bought them and didn't use them! I will give it a try with ya! count me in!:bigsmile:
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I've been doing kettlebells for 7 weeks now, and let me tell you, it will change your body! Stick with it, despite how hard it might be at times. I find that doing strength training exercises gives me a sense of being powerful that cardio never did,and that's worth almost as much as the muscles. :-)
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just won a gift certificate to Sports Authority and when it arrives in a week or two I am going to purchase the KettleWorx kit. I have had my eye on it for a few weeks so this was a great incentive to buy it. I will be interested to see what people think of it.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    How much is it at Sports Authority and how many videos do you get with it?
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    If I remember right it was $50 and you get five or six videos. My gift certificate came in the mail today much sooner than expected so I am off to buy it tomorrow.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Hope you start with us tomorrow!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Do you have a variety of kettlebell workouts or do you use the same dvd over? I have Bob Harpers and have been using a dumbell until I get a kettlebell (plan to this weekend when I am in the city). I read an interesting article and this plays into kettlebell workouts. Do a search for The Final Nail In The Cardio Coffin by Rachel Cosgrove. It is VERY interesting and made me want to do kettlebells even more! I will be in your kettlebell club!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Just bumping to keep this at the top so others can see and join!!! I am going to go to ebay and amazon to find more workouts besides Bob from Biggest Loser. He is tough but I need variety!!!
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    I bought Bob's Harpers 15 lb. contour one today, but I think I'll return it for a 20lb. I love the contour shape and iron handle. Search on google or under search here in the message boards I found a post with a link to web MD that had an article that says you can burn up to 20cals per min. using a kettlebell. I liked Bob's form and instructional dvd, but I like the flow better of Jillian Michaels Shred with Weights (she just doesn't always have the best form).

Count me in...how often is everyone doing it? I was thinking 3-4 times/wk

:happy:

Pam
  • vhuber
    Options
    pjfmaui73, kettlebells are to be used like weight lifting. Use every OTHER day or work upper one day and lower the next. That way the muscle has time to repair and build!! Good luck and have fun!!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third round of KettleWorx and I have had great results! I did 6 weeks w/ 5 lbs., 6 weeks w/ 7 lbs. and now I'm starting again with a 10 lb KB. I am doing each week twice with the 10 lb. KB though, because for some reason it is kicking my behind! :smile:

I have loved every minute of it (well, maybe not some of the core work, lol!)

I have lost most of my weight with Zumba, but people didn't start to notice until three weeks into my first round of KW.

I would love to hear how you do with it! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    lkm111: For Kettleworx it says to do each video once a week. What did you do? I was planning on doing each video twice and then have sundays off.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    vhuber: I have Jillian Michaels kettlebell dvd which is decent.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Well just finished day 1 of kettleworx and LOVED IT!!! Todays video was Cardio.

Wow that is a good workout and it flew by!! 224 calories in 26 minutes is great and nice and sweaty lol.

Hope your workouts go great too!
  • vhuber
    Options
    oops, this posted twice so I edited it!
  • vhuber
    Options
    My Monday was a day from HELL! We went from above normal snow fall to massive amounts of rain and I have been sumping, sucking and pumping my basement for a week, then yesterday 3 of my 4 furry kids get into a porcupine so we had a brawl there, DH and I both had Dr. appt.'s in two different towns and the list of things goes on! So NO I did not get my Bob Harper kettlebell workout in. The only exercise I got was when I told my hubby to stop the car and I would walk the the last 2.25 miles home!
    Good job to you sweetie for gettin after it!!
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    vhuber...ouch, sorry to hear about all the the things going wrong there I hope that everything works out for the positive real soon. Thanks for the tip...that's what I was thinking...doing it every other day. I've did Jillian's shred with weights and decided 15lbs was plenty heavy :tongue: