Love = Hiking, Fitbit and Being Healthy. Do you?

Options
mrchicas
mrchicas Posts: 6 Member
I enjoy the outdoors which is where my love for hiking comes into play, keeping track of my daily goals on my Fitbit and logging my grub on My Fitness Pal. Do you too? Hit me up and add me.

Replies

• Felecia1923
    Felecia1923 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Which fitbit do you have and what do you love about it I was debating on buying one? Does it help motivate you?
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes I do too
  • tonedby46
    Options
    I have flex and I love it
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,504 Member
    Options
    I have a Force. Never returned it when recalled. I really like it. I lost an Ultra and drowned a Zip in the washer. My wife just got a Charge HR and loves it. I really like having the Fitbit sync with MFP.
  • mrchicas
    Options
    Which fitbit do you have and what do you love about it I was debating on buying one? Does it help motivate you?

I have the Fitbit Charge HR. Definitely keeps me on track and motivated to hit my daily goals....especially if you have friends that have one too and can challenge them. Raise your daily goals every few weeks and you'll be shedding pounds before you know it. Becomes an addiction so be warned :)
  • mrchicas
    Options
    tonedby46 wrote: »
    I have flex and I love it

Cool....I'm a fan too :)
  • mrchicas
    Options
    I have a Force. Never returned it when recalled. I really like it. I lost an Ultra and drowned a Zip in the washer. My wife just got a Charge HR and loves it. I really like having the Fitbit sync with MFP.

Same here. I never had any issues with the Force during the recall. I have my Fitbit + Map My Run synced up to My Fitness Pal. Great set up for me that works well to track everything.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am also a lover of hiking and my Fitbit (I have the Flex because I also love kayaking and swimming and the Flex is the only water resistant Fitbit). Recently joined a local hiking club. Actually rejoined. I was a member until I couldn't hike because of an injury. Stopped in 2003. Great hikes, great social times, gets me to see things in my part of the state I wouldn't otherwise, and only costs $6 a year to belong!

I also have MFP, Fitbit, and MMR synced up
  • mrchicas
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am also a lover of hiking and my Fitbit (I have the Flex because I also love kayaking and swimming and the Flex is the only water resistant Fitbit). Recently joined a local hiking club. Actually rejoined. I was a member until I couldn't hike because of an injury. Stopped in 2003. Great hikes, great social times, gets me to see things in my part of the state I wouldn't otherwise, and only costs $6 a year to belong!

Very active aren't ya. Pretty cool. I have to look into hiking clubs being that I live the Los Angeles area and there are plenty of trails. Stay fit :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    mrchicas wrote: »

Very active aren't ya. Pretty cool. I have to look into hiking clubs being that I live the Los Angeles area and there are plenty of trails. Stay fit :)

I live in Wisconsin and we have hiking trails everywhere, both urban and out in the countryside. We have a trail called the Ice Age Trail which is 900 miles long meandering through the state following the southern edge of the last glacier. I have hiked about 200 miles of it in various segments.

• Felecia1923
    Felecia1923 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I have the Fitbit Charge HR. Definitely keeps me on track and motivated to hit my daily goals....especially if you have friends that have one too and can challenge them. Raise your daily goals every few weeks and you'll be shedding pounds before you know it. Becomes an addiction so be warned :)

I was told it was bulky and uncomfortable. No complaints?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You can learn more (and/or find friends) in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I lost the weight & have maintained thanks to MFP + Fitbit. And doing Fitbit challenges is great motivation.
  • tonedby46
    Options

I live in Wisconsin and we have hiking trails everywhere, both urban and out in the countryside. We have a trail called the Ice Age Trail which is 900 miles long meandering through the state following the southern edge of the last glacier. I have hiked about 200 miles of it in various segments.

I too also live in Wisconsin, I go hiking at a state park that's down the road a few miles from me.
  • mrchicas
    Options

I was told it was bulky and uncomfortable. No complaints?

No complaints for me....probably cuz I'm am a guy meaning I have bigger wrists compared to women whom might find it a tad bigger. They have size S and L though.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I wear the small Charge HR. It looks just like a watch—with a buckle & everything. It's wider than the Fitbit Flex, which took a little getting used to. But I don't even notice it any more—even whilst sleeping.

If you're not sure, buy it at a store near you, keep the receipt, and return it if you don't like it.