Little Successes - What little success have you had that you're proud of?

Options
Lanie2012
Lanie2012 Posts: 46 Member
First off, I love reading everyone's success stories! Dropping a high amount of weight is so inspiring to see, especially the pictures! Wow!

But since I'm still at the beginning of my journey, I thought it might be fun to celebrate the little successes that we might have had! A bigger end result is the result of smaller steps, so here is a couple of mine that I give myself a pat on the back for:

1) I omitted cream and sugar from my coffee - to truly get what a big success this is you should know I'm a HUGE coffee fan and now that I'm on two black coffee's a day I feel great that I've made the switch

2) I drink two liters of water a day, religiously. It was a hard habit to get into. But I finally found a water bottle that I like and gauge one bottle in the a.m., one in the p.m. and done!

:smile: :smiley::wink: :blush:

Yay me! lol

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I dropped cream and sugar from my coffee a long time ago and I really do think it was a little change that I got great big benefits from. I also found that good coffee tastes better without it anyway. :wink:

I started experimenting in the kitchen with veggies that I'd previously had and not been crazy about, discovered that cooking them different ways can completely transform some of them. I absolutely love roasted veggies, sauteed fresh spinach with eggs, and in general balsamic vinegar.

It's all these simple changes you make that have long term results. Kudos to you for making changes and reflecting on them.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My big pants (that had gotten too tight prior to starting this journey) are loosening up again!
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    Good job you guys!
    I love reading about little successes as well. I have started cooking more dishes at home and they now make up the larger component of my meals.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i stopped drinking juice / pop. i drink a lot of water now...at least 20 cups a day...

that itself made a huge difference for me.
  • juhishringi
    juhishringi Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Hi I stop all th suger from my life evev tea without suger and I fill the big diffrent in myself in a very short time .....it tack only one and a half mont.....
  • turtles12
    turtles12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking, which is holding myself accountable. For me, this is HUGE! I have also cut WAY down on sugar and am still working on ways to cut more.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    _ I have almost no cellulite. I used to have tons of it on the back of my legs, but months of spin class and running and the elliptical have really made a difference.
    -Thinner arms. I used to have such huge fatty arms :(
    -I'm at a healthy weight. Haven't been in years!
    -I've been able to run 21 minutes straight. I remember when I felt like I was going to explode after 2 minutes.
    _No longer have a double chin, as you can see in my profile photo. This was one of the biggest things I was insecure about.

There are so many more and I keep track of all the positives of this lifestyle change by writing them down in my notebook. :)
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    1. I hit the healthy weight range the other week, and I've stayed inside it (except for a spike which followed eating salty food)
    2. I realised this morning that my jeans weren't as tight on my thighs. That particular cut is always baggy in the bum and soooooo tight in the thighs, but today the thighs fit properly. Which means the bum must look terrible! Time for new jeans...
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I didn't realise quite how bad the cheese kjs were and just how much I was eating. Not that I've cut it out completely, I just weigh it religiously now! On the other hand, I've had to cut potato chips out completely because I have absolutely zero self control when it comes to them. When I reach maintenance I might be able to eat a bag every month or so... :)
  • luketryder23
    luketryder23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cutting out fruit juices and generally being able to avoid sugar treats. Selfishly if I see others eating chocolate bars and cakes and know I've just had a banana and am off to the gym after work it feels good, like a small victory
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Going into Topshop last weekend and buying a pair of SIZE 10 Jamie jeans. (And they even feel a bit roomy). Was really chuffed :)
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Getting into my goal dress (15lb early!) and having to buy another goal dress!!! That was a good day. Running for 15 minutes straight (I'm on the Couch to 5K programme at the moment), that was a great day too. I am looking very much forward to my first 5K run.
  • fr3smyl
    Options
    I have logged all my food for 32 days even stuff I didn't want to!
  • Lanie2012
    Options
    Wow you guys! I wish MFP had a "like" button because there's so much great positive stuff here! I love it when you notice clothes fit differently, that's always an awesome little success :smile:

And I love the dropping of the sugar, isn't it amazing how much sugar we use in silly things?

Actually label reading is a big one that is now a regular thing for me, who knew I would become a label reader? haha :smiley:
  • Lanie2012
    Options
    I dropped cream and sugar from my coffee a long time ago and I really do think it was a little change that I got great big benefits from. I also found that good coffee tastes better without it anyway. :wink:

I feel the same way, before I couldn't easily tell the difference between a good cup of coffee and a bad one because it was loaded in sugar and cream so every coffee taste good. Now I actually enjoy the coffee, mmm... lol I think I have a new addiction, haha :smiley:
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! Being able to go on an adventure run with my kids and helping them over obstacles that would have been difficult for just me to complete before. Embracing the little victories along this journey help to keep moving. I also love my fitbit and find it very helpful to participate in challenges to get my 10K steps a day and drinking water! I drink 3 liters a day and feel so much better.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I now leave sugar out of my coffee
    I drink water regularly now
    I switched to eating mostly eat whole foods as opposed to eating mostly processed foods
    I've changed my brain around - as in how I think about food
    I now write to myself once a week on why I want to lose weight - it's my affirmations and keeps me on track and I have a visual honest reminder to myself on why not to give up, even if it's going to be awhile, I want health now.
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Fitting into my favourite dress again - which required a wire hanger and extra hands to get into at Christmas time!
    Not eating as many chocolates as I used to (and I'm a chocoholic!)
    I've always been drinking lots and lots of water, but recently my skin's cleared up so much, and it's really soft :smile:
    My face is getting thinner! Hello cheekbones :blush:
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I ran an entire mile today it may not have been all at once but it was one of the miles I did on the treadmill!!!
  • LeonieWhitehead
    LeonieWhitehead Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The walk I did ten days ago and had to stop because I had backache and was tired. I did it today plus walked extra and with a bag of food shopping, no pain, no stopping :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!