What should I put in my yogurt???

Options
KanCrav
KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
I made the leap to BUY the yogurt. Plain NON'Fat Greek Yogurt.... but I am too scared to try it. I have berries and honey and sweet and low... I have tons of other crapola too..... I am just scared!~!~! I used to HATE yogurt as a child. I figured that I should try eating it for Breakfast though since it is soo good for the bod.

Any help??? what should I put in it??

Replies

• bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    i like it with honey or rasberrys hope that helps
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just got done eating a spoonful of the plain fage haha. I use to HATE yogurt my whole life until I started eating the greek style. I started with Chobani fruit on the bottom, nonfat. Those are delicious but have a bit more sugar than some people prefer. I have switched to the plain so I can add my own fruit. I add berries of all types and cantaloupe. Also a spoonful of granola is delish also.

I can speak to the type of person who couldn't stand the consistency and flavor and everything of yogurt but I LOVE greek strained.
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    im not a fan of yogurt but id suggest flax, oatmeal, or granola

fruit could be good but be careful as it contains sugar
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, or strawberries or a big handful of seeds are my faves.
  • Betmar83
    Betmar83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My most favorite Greek yogurt treat is one that I got from a Kirstie Alley interview and it is absolutely delicious. It's plain, nonfat Greek yogurt, with some Stevia and ground cinnamon. It's the creamiest, most delicious treat. I eat it at least twice a week. So, so good.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love the Chobani Greek yogurt with fruit at the bottom:bigsmile: I add raw walnut halves to my yogurt and it is yummy:smooched:
  • BeastieGirl
    BeastieGirl Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi,

I like it with a banana and sometimes add some sultanas and a little drizzle of honey.

If that's too sweet for you, try it with some red berries and blueberries and, I agree with the other posts, it's delicious with granola :smile:

4819602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • KanCrav
    Options
    I am trying to eat it right now, I threw in some oats and some rasberries and a tiny bit of honey but its still like WAY bitter. MOre honey? Sweet and Low??? I need sweeter or something.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I stir in a teaspoon of lemon curd into low fat greek yoghurt and it is lovely.

I also have yoghurt with my breakfast I mix it with unsweetened muesli and grate an apple into it.
  • FieryNikkie
    FieryNikkie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is more bitter than regular yogurts. I think the texture is better but if you are having trouble with the taste I would go with a regular nonfat yogurt.

Usually I add frozen strawberries or blueberries and Bare Naked Sunflower Seed Granola to mine. You could also try one that has fruit in it already. Oikos has an organic version and the strawberry and the super fruits flavors are amazing.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    If the berries are frozen make sure you thaw them first.. then mash them up in the yogurt.. if this still isn't sweet enough for you then add a teaspoon of honey. YUMEE..

Also, if you're really wanting to do yogurt but have had bad experiences with sourness then you should totally try making your own. My homemade yogurt is hardly sour at all. Hit me up if you need help making it.
  • crazyquilter36
    Options
    I have not tried the greek yogurt yet. I love stoneyfield farms fat free french vanilla. Before I leave for work I add some frozen blueberries top with 2TBSP ground golden flax seed and add 1TBSP pure maple syrup. I let it set in the fridge at work until 9 and then mix it all up. It is so yummy. The vanilla yogurt is sweet and the flax seed is nutty.
  • KanCrav
    Options
    I was going to get some flax seed to throw in some homemade granola bars, so I will def try it in my yogurt. Also I didnt know that greek was MORE sour than other kinds, I guess I will have to venture out and give some more things a try.
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What brand did you buy? Everyone seems to have a very particular favorite...mine is Fage. I tried the Oikos and nearly hurled. But, I have a friend who had the opposite reaction. All I need in mine is a spoonful of the Trader Joe's Honey Apple Butter and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. It tastes like apple pie a la mode...yummo!
  • KanCrav
    Options
    Stonyfarm Oikos nonfat organic plain Yogurt. (wow what a name)
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Smoothie?

This is what I do with my greek yogurt:
    I put about 2/3 cup of frozen fruit plus a few ice cubes and the yogurt in a blender or smoothie thing.
    Then I blend away!

YUM!
    If you need more sweetness you could try to add some kind of 100% fruit juice or a ripe banana.

Hope you find a way to enjoy your yogurt.
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's the one I didn't care for...have you tried Fage, yet?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Walnuts, raspberries, strawberries, raisins, craisins, wheat chex
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I like sweetener, vanilla, sunflower seeds, and dried cherries.
  • Jessifer123
    Jessifer123 Posts: 159
    Options
    What brand did you buy? Everyone seems to have a very particular favorite...mine is Fage. I tried the Oikos and nearly hurled. But, I have a friend who had the opposite reaction. All I need in mine is a spoonful of the Trader Joe's Honey Apple Butter and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. It tastes like apple pie a la mode...yummo!

I agree, my favorite is chobani. I like to mix in frozen berries, but have also enjoyed it with granola, honey, banana, or a little nutella.