How to Increase Protein Intake????

Options
2»

Replies

• louindared
    louindared Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't reply earlier I was on holiday. I used Oopsie whilst I was away for breakfast & lunch & I ate out every night & I still lost 1 1/2lbs.

Oopsie Rolls

3 eggs, separated
    3 egg whites
    100g light soft cream cheese
    1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
    Small pinch of salt

Preheat oven Fan 140°c / 160°c.
    Line a baking tray with lightly greased baking parchment (I use 1cal spray oil).
    In a bowl mix together the egg yolks, salt & cream cheese & set aside.
    In a separate bowl whisk up your egg whites with your cream of tartar until you have stiff peaks.
    Add one tablespoon of the egg white mixture to the yolks & gently fold in with a metal spoon. Repeat with remaining whites until all the mixture us combined.
    Place 1-2 spoonsful of the mixture onto the tray & make into a round bun shape using the back if your spoon to slightly flatten the top. Continue until you have 12 rounds.
    Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-45 mins until golden brown. Rest on the tray for 5 mins then transfer to wire cooling rack. Can be stored for 2 days in air tight container. Depending on the egg size they are 66 cals per 2 bun halves. Enjoy :)

I create roulade's with it aswell. I use 2 x swiss roll tins & spread it out to about 1cm thick. Bake as normal & as soon as it is out of the oven I layer it with wafer thin ham & chive & herb soft cream cheese, great for anytime if the day at 56cals a slice.
    I also use the swiss roll tins again but this time I cut each one into 6 which gives me 6 small slices of oopsie bread to make sandwiches.
    I use it as a pie topping too. I cook the contents of the pie for about 20-30mins thrn turn the oven down & top with the oopsie.
    This is a very versatile low cal recipe if you're prepared to experiment. I hope that this helps & everyone enjoys it. I use it everyday & have lost 25lbs in 12 weeks.