Darnit I binged!

Options
Ugh last night I had two pieces of buffalo chicken pizza, a cannoli, AND who knows how many chocolate covered marshmallows. How many calories do you think I have to burn today? DAMN im so mad at myself

Replies

• tiareed
    tiareed Posts: 10
    Options
    Binging can happen. Don't be mad at your self, just get back on the wagon today.
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    plug it all in and see how much you went over? then try to have that large a deficit today. lots 'o exercise would be my guesstimate...
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself--today is a new day & you'll make better choices--make sure you allow room for healthy snacks--it may curb your binge--why does it sound like I know what I'm talking about? Because I did the same thing on Thursday--Friday was better :smile:
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, today is a new day so make it a good one:happy:
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You're only human! You're allowed to 'blow out' now and again. As long as the majority of the time you're being sensible around food, it makes no odds whether you have a bad day occasionally. Christ, you don't want to suck all the fun out of life! And you're certainly not going to balloon up 10 pounds over night.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Meh, don't beat yourself up over it. Did the same thing last weekend, (mmmmm, Jet's Pizza) I was up for a few days, but it didn't take long to get my weight headed back in the right direction again. Just don't make a habit of it, pick up today where you left off, and I think you'll be fine.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    ....That was a binge? Gosh. You'll be fine. Get back on track today. You don't have to kill yourself with exercise either. Exercise and eat normally; you might find that your splurge (not a binge) helps with your weight loss.
  • Helen9725
    Helen9725 Posts: 5
    Options
    I had a really bad day yesterday too - I'll add you as a friend and you can read my confession and then maybe you won't feel so bad. Today is another day, get moving to burn some calories - something you enjoy, drink more fluids (not alcohol!) and try to be strict with yourself. It's so hard, you have my empathy and support if you'll give me yours too!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did too........arrrgggg.......strawberry cheesecake. I knew supper was going to be something superquick and easy as I knew I was goingt to be late getting home from work and still have to run it out to my hubby who is in the field. OK for me and hubby.....3 young kids not so ok. Sooooo I planned for the pizza for supper, even knew I could have a bbq'ed burger for lunch. But that darn cheesecake.....grrrrr. BUT that's why I still like tracking the food or I'd probably mess it up more often! I try and eat well most days so if I do have those bad days they are way fewer and farther in between than they used to. Don't be so hard on yourself, just vow that today will be a better day. Remember this is a lifelong process and there will be days lifelong where you eat things that you know you really shouldn't. Just make sure those days stay few and far between and don't sneak back up to way too often. Good luck and you can do it!!!!
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    I have had a few days like that since starting to live a healthier life. I just get up the next day and make better decisions. Your not alone and have the rest of your life to make better eating choices. Like everyone else is saying...just don't make a habit of it. :flowerforyou:
  • nameeyone
    nameeyone Posts: 1
    Options
    :happy: Hi, Just want to let you know that you are not a lone. I did the same thing last night. Only I ate a whole box of amy's spinach pizza, rice lots of rice, & cereal for some reason I was craving carbs & it's not like I have been denying myself. So this morning I woke up feeling guilty. But I forgave myself and today is a new day I'm looking forward to it. So forgive yourself and just promise to make it a great day. Now if it becomes a habit every evening, then we have a problem :sad: :wink: "one day at a time" is my motto. Enjoy your day.:flowerforyou:
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    plug it all in and see how much you went over? then try to have that large a deficit today. lots 'o exercise would be my guesstimate...

NO. Absolutely do not do this. If you really want to see how much you went over by, go ahead, but don't try and make it up in one day. At worst you blew just two days of "work," you're still going to be fine for the week. One bad day doesn't ruin a whole week, month, or effort.

Don't let it get you down, you're doing great!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I give my self a coupon for a weekly cheat meal where I eat whatever I want... I won't even log it... Having a cheat meal wont hurt you as long as you stay committed and consistent throughout the week. Don't be so hard on yourself. You be consistent and everything will follow. It's not a race!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

NO. Absolutely do not do this. If you really want to see how much you went over by, go ahead, but don't try and make it up in one day. At worst you blew just two days of "work," you're still going to be fine for the week. One bad day doesn't ruin a whole week, month, or effort.

Agreed... this is a bad idea, Is not safe to create a daily deficit greater than 1000 cals.... and a 1000 is pushing it! You're going to seriously hurt yourself by eating way low and working out hard....
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Wow, is there a full moon or something? Because I also did this! I ate about 8 chocolate peanut butter cups, 2 pop tarts and some popcorn all in ONE NIGHT! That's about...oh........a million calories!

Hey, I just saw on the news that the end of the world is very soon, maybe that's why everybody is eating so much! hahahaha!

All kidding aside, I know how you feel. What I do is just start a new day, learn from it and try not to let it happen again (it will happen again) just don't get all depressed about it.

It's a new day! Go exercise or something!
  • MeenaSimmons
    MeenaSimmons Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I'd have to agree with Olo, remember you didn't put the weight on overnight, so one off day will not derail your goals, unless you let it.
  • leshagen
    leshagen Posts: 36
    Options
    i don't think we would be human if we didn't slip every now and then. Just decide to make today your best day! :D
  • Tvstarbabe
    Tvstarbabe Posts: 101
    Options
    Thanks so much guys, this is really helpful! I'm just gonna go with the flow of the day and forget about what I ate :)
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I had a really bad weekend last weekend (Did someone say "pizza?") and still ended up losing more weight this week than I have in a long time. I just paid attention to what I was eating the rest of the week, mixed up my exercise a bit (but don't do it all in one day), and drank lots of water which was really hard for me, since I am a diet Coke girl. I attribute most of the "loss" this week to drinking lots of water.

Or if you are feeling really guilty, you can mow my lawn for me -- it's about a 1,000 calorie workout! :laugh: