TudyStewart
TudyStewart Posts: 1 Member
I have no idea what to make for dinner ? All suggestions are good

Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    What food do you have in the house?

When I don't know what to make, I usually just chop up whatever vegetables I have in the refrigerator and sauté them with whatever meat or fish I have on hand. Or else I make tuna casserole.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Food.
  • viclrstew
    viclrstew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner!
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What food do you have in the house?

When I don't know what to make, I usually just chop up whatever vegetables I have in the refrigerator and sauté them with whatever meat or fish I have on hand. Or else I make tuna casserole.

What's your recipe for your tuna casserole? I'm curious :)
  • marymacintosh4
    marymacintosh4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken kebabs with peppers and onions served with salad and some chilli sauce.
    Fish pie With steamed veg.
    Baked potato with baked beans or tuna all under 500 calories
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    What's your recipe for your tuna casserole? I'm curious :)

I don't really have a recipe. I just make a white sauce, sometimes with milk, sweet rice flour (I'm gf) and butter, and sometimes with pureed cauliflower and a dash each of apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and salt and maybe some broth to thin it. Then I stir in a can of tuna, a pinch of dill, salt and pepper to taste, and sometimes some vegetables. Peas work well, or sautéed onion or celery or spinach. Sometimes I add gf pasta, sometimes I serve it over zoodles or rice or cauliflower rice. It only takes a few minutes to make and I usually have the ingredients on hand, especially if I use frozen veg.

Someone mentioned breakfast for dinner. I like omelets or scrambled eggs for dinner, too.