Zumba Exhilaration

Options
Is anyone doing this program? I just bought the DVDs but it is not here yet. I am pretty excited about it, but I think I should have a group to keep me on it! Any takers???

Replies

• lovinlife71
    lovinlife71 Posts: 230
    Options
    I received mine last week. I currently do 4 Zumba classes through work each week but the classes will end the end of May. I plan on using these DVDs three times per week along with running and the elliptical. I LOVE ZUMBA!!!!! I think you will love it too!!!
  • GoddessHips
    Options
    Yes, I am doing Zumba Exhilaration and its awesome. i have a friend that comes over and we work out together some nights & then split up the Dvds on the nights we cant so we still get out workout done. You feel like you work all your muscles. Its fun too cause, well I like to dance, but doing this in my livingroom at my pace and learning it is awesome. Word of the wise stretch BEFORE & AFTER. I highly recommend this. You'll love it! It really starts sculpting out your abs/core. In fact it makes me walk around with my stomach "held" and that strengthens your abs & back as well. Posture is everything! Good luck, have fun with this and continue the good work reaching your goals!
  • junepg
    junepg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba going on seven weeks now. I do five classes a week at my gym in addition to Body Jam and Body Combat. It's SO much fun! If you can find a couple of classes to go to and have a good instructor you'll be hooked! Eventually you won't even think about it being an hour but how the time flew by so fast!! A good instructor will guide the newbies as well as challenge the experts! There should be a warm up and a cool down each session.
  • iamacraftymama
    Options
    I have Zumba for Wii and I love it. I haven't taken any classes but it is easier to do it at home with two small kids.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have the cardio party dvd of the set and it is hard for me right now. lol I made it about 10 minutes in and had to stop. I switched to the Wii game Just Dance 2. I love Zumba though. I will try again today. :)
  • chuku1981
    chuku1981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen Zumba looks really fun, and I know some people who its REALLY worked for, like, jaw droppingly well. Just sucks i can't convince the girlfriend to go to a Zumba class w/ me. :/
  • ljones6
    ljones6 Posts: 5
    Options
    Keep trying! If she ever goes she'll love it. I started going last November and miss it terribly when I can't go. It's the best exercise program I've ever tried.
  • Gillott232
    Gillott232 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have not ordered it yet, but will be ordering it after this weekend likely. Hope you like it!
  • slik1227
    slik1227 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd's & think they are a blast. Let me know when you start & I will do it with you!
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love love love Zumba! I bought the box set a couple months ago and do the 20 minute express 2x/week and the 50 min cardio party 2x/week. I'll eventually take away 1 day to start the sculpt & tone but i'm not ready for that yet. It's very addictive and it really is fun. Sometimes I take a week off and do something else just to switch it up. As after weeks and weeks of doing it over and over, it can get pretty routine and somewhat boring. But for the most part, it's awesome...and you burn A LOT of calories!

Hope you enjoy it!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Zumba fanatic over here too :) I do the classes 2-3 days a week at the gym, I have the old DVDs, Zumba Exhilarate and the game :) I had preordered Exhilarate, so I've had it since April and it's so much fun! I think you will love it. My favorite is Sentao. Its a chair routine and mostly toning but soo much fun. I also love zumba ripped but I used the 2.5lb weights that I got from my instructor because I found the 1lb maracas too light. Overall though, love it. The actual Exhilarate dvd is 60 mins and you will be drenched :) Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd's & think they are a blast. Let me know when you start & I will do it with you!

I will. I hope to start Wednesday since my DVDs should be here by Tuesday. We can keep each other posted and hold each other accountable. I NEED that part! :0)
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the information! I think I will love it and I hope to be able to post progress pics for the Success board! LOL
  • slik1227
    slik1227 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I will. I hope to start Wednesday since my DVDs should be here by Tuesday. We can keep each other posted and hold each other accountable. I NEED that part! :0)

I added you as friend, just let me know when you start & i will start the same day. Just a friendly word of caution though, PLEASE take the time to do the instructional DVD. It really helped me when I did the DVD.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just got the DVDs as well, I'm about to start it tonight. :) Count me in for the group!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Did the Step by Step first night and the Activate tonight. So fast, but so good! :)