New to forum, going through huge life changes

Options
hi! Sarah B, 39 yr old mother of 5. I've been on the unhealthy roller coaster for almost 20 years. Gained and lost and gained, each cycle adding more to my my highest weight. Finally I am committed to a fairly aggressive and structured fitness class called Farrell's Extreme Bodyshaping, started July 2014. After starting strong, dealing with initial disappointment (as usual) in slow progress and results (mostly scale related) and having a several week missing-in-action episode, I recommitted in January 2015 and haven't looked back. My 6:30am daily workouts (except Sunday's when the gym is closed) with my Team 6:30 members is something I look forward to and cannot stand to miss. My progress has again been slower than what I usually desire, however, I now have a new outlook on this journey. This is my new lifestyle and I'm learning that the slow and steady is the best for me. I loose then maintain for a few weeks then loose again- but most importantly I continue on with improving my activity level, intensity, and making nutrition a daily focus for me and my family. For the first time I'm moving forward building on my success and loving the entire process. My whole life is changing for the better as a result. It's no longer about loosing weight, feeling attractive, or seeking approval from others. It's about being the best human, mother, friend, daughter, sister and all around happy, positive me I can possibly be. And amazingly all of this change has also resulted in my ability to climb out of years of depression, self-doubt, and hopelessness that has plagued me since my early 20's. Unfortunately change always brings about facing difficult decisions along the way, for example, leaving past negative forces in my life behind. For me this has included deciding to divorce my husband and partner of over 22 years. Our family is in the beginning stages of this transition and it is the single most difficult and stressful situation I have ever experienced. I love my kids and will always have a place for their father in my heart.

Is anyone else out there dealing with or has dealt with similar life challenges? I'm looking for support, advice, and general positive energy from the community. thank you

Replies

• CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis my life changed forever.

As no two people are the same I can't tell you that I understand what you're going through, but I do know what it's like to have to make tough decisions around life changes.
  • Eidaortiz
    Eidaortiz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have been in difficult situations too and I know it's not easy I have always, struggled with my weight just like you I gain I loose but this time I've gained alot since two years ago I was unemployed we were financially not doing good at all but God cane through and I finally found a job but I'm still overweight all that time I was at home I think I felt down and gain alt of weight since I was not working plus it brought alot of issues in my marriage too but Thank the Lord he always there to help through difficult situation my advice is and I'm going to apply it to myself too its to pray give it all to Jesus and he will help you through everything..think positive always andkeep smiling and try not to think about the things that makes you sad...God bless you
  • sarahjmbennett841
    sarahjmbennett841 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    <3