OATS ! favourite way to Prep them ?

Options
Hi Gang,
What is your favourite way to prepare your Oats?
Mines super simple....I pour boiling water over them, let them sit until soft and then top with honey.
What's yours?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mix with almond milk and microwave then add whatever topping I'm in the mood for (almond butter and jelly is my favorite).
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    All oats are outlawed in my house hold as well as kale. These two did not make it to my family menu plan. :(:(
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Boiling water and leave alone until soft then half a tbsp of maple syrup, 1 tbsp of sliced raw almonds and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.... delish!
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Top with boiling water until soft then stir in a teaspoon of strawberry preserves. This has been my breakfast for the last 2 months...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    1/2 c. oats, 1 c. water, 2 minutes in the microwave and top with a sprinkling of Splenda and a dash of cinnamon.
  • qban0124
    qban0124 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I pour into a Tupperware with almond milk, agave, fruit and vanilla. Then keep in fridge overnight for breakfast (I like it cold during the summer). Works great with PB2 also ;)
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and nut butter dash of cinnamon.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I turn the oats in to flour and make pancakes. Not a fan of porridge.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Pancakes as well, oats, egg whites, cottage cheese, cinnamon and splenda all in the blender for batter. Adding apple slices or berries while cooking. SOOOOO good.
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    cook on the stove with almond milk, apple , cinnamon, & top with yoghurt
  • caulkk88
    caulkk88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cook on the stove top with water then add some apple bananas and almond butter
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I just tried overnight oats the other day. I think I used 1/2 cup oats with 1 serving vanilla greek yogurt with a little milk to give it a little more liquid, then about 20 blueberries. Stick in the fridge overnight. In the morning, they are soft, and it's SOOO creamy.
    Next I want to try Chocolate Strawberry overnight oats, I just haven't gotten strawberries yet.
    http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com/chocolate-covered-strawberry-overnight-oats/
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Rice cooker, with water. I love this way--no fuss.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Cook them on the stove with whatever fruit sounds good that day, add honey and maybe vanilla and nuts or sunflower seeds at the last minute. Also either butter or milk once off the heat.

Do not like them microwaved at. All. Nope. Yick. Cold overnight oats even worse :s
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal mixed with maple syrup and a little butter.

Or oatmeal with home made fruit sauce.
  • 2fabulous2Bunfit
    2fabulous2Bunfit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ---1 tbsp crunchy honey nut butter and 1 tbsp honey.
    ---a little brown sugar and slivered almonds or walnuts (my fav!)
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    With almond milk or hazelnut milk in microwave for 2 mins and add honey! Yum
  • DevilFrogger43
    DevilFrogger43 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys....some more options for me. I usually put boiling water on mine and leave until soft and top with honey. Love it this way but wanted to try some new ways. Thanks everyone....hopefully more ideas keep coming.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Crumbled bacon and maple syrup.
  • ArvinSloane
    ArvinSloane Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My basic overnight oats:

40g rolled oats
    1/2c unsweetened almond milk
    55g plain Greek yogurt
    13g vanilla bean Trutein powder
    1/4tsp vanilla extract

I make five on Sunday night for the week, put them in jars and just shake. In the morning I add whatever combo I feel like. Lately I'm liking plums/pineapple/cinnamon/nutmeg/pecans/maple syrup or cocoa powder/bananas/raspberries/cherries/honey.