Post pregnancy jelly belly!

Options
Hiya everyone, I'm 31 and have a beautiful 2 month old baby boy named Frankie. Since having him I have found it very hard to keep track of healthy eating, it's just easier to grab whatever is in the cupboard. Unfortunately this means my pregnancy weight isn't shifting and before you know it summer will be here and I'll be disappointed in myself. So I'm gonna use this app to assist me and Wednesday in joining Slimming World - I don't know if the two will go together very well though, any thoughts people??

Replies

• des737
    des737 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I have had great success in using my fitness pal a few years ago, butbi am not familiar with Slimming World. I thought i'd introduce myself as I am 30 years old and had a baby 7 months ago, and I am now really ready to commit getting back in shape, eating healthy and losing weight.
  • RedRachel77
    RedRachel77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    New Mom to twins here! Add me and lets keep each other accountable. No more mindless eating for me! Logging everything on here is helping me big time.
  • lmcallaway1983
    Options
    Hi des737, thanks for responding - I guess I was a little naive thinking once the baby came along I would have time to get things done but I never realised how much time he takes up - don't get me wrong I love him more than anything in the world but at the moment he is feeding every 2 hours without fail all day and all night!! He definitely inherited my appetite - bless him! Lol. Do you find it easier now at 7 months??
  • lmcallaway1983
    Options
    Hi Rachel, thanks for friend request - I've accepted by the way! You are definitely right about logging everything - shameful to say it hasn't started well for me as I've eaten 2 chocolate muffins today! Whoops. I guess all I can say is there's definite room for improvement! Lol.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Welcome... this is a good read. You don't need extra programs.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach#latest
  • schokiefan
    schokiefan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mother of an 8 year old and a four month old, so I completely understand where you are at. The first 2-3 months are pretty much a blur of feedings and diaper changes and utter exhaustion. Trust me when I say that it does get easier. My son still wakes up for a feeding in the middle of the night most nights, but occasionally he will sleep through the whole night. I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Lol. You need to take care of yourself so that you are able to take care of your little one.
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Good luck & it's great that you're trying to get going now because the longer the weight stays on, the harder it is to get it off. (Trust me, i know - i had a 13 month old & a newborn so i didn't make time for Mommy, which i kicked myself for later.)
  • cbhutton
    cbhutton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Go easy on yourself, mama.
    With both of mine, I had an initial loss in the first 2 or so weeks (likely water weight), but then it slowed. It can be frustrating, but try to take the long view. Your hormones will be wonky for the first 3 months or so, which makes it hard too.
    It's true when they say that it took 9 months to put it on, and it will take 9 to come off. That's been true for both of my kids. Just try to eat reasonably and stay active! Feel free to friend me :-)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm 17 weeks post-partum and as of today officially at my pre-pregnancy weight.

Before joining any programs that cost money, I'd start by just simply logging everything eat in the food diary here on MFP. As you go along you can start tweaking what you eat, how much, etc. But logging will at least let you know how much you're eating and opportunities to cut back on, etc.

Also keep in mind when you're filling out your calorie goal, that you need to account for breastfeeding as well (which is sounds like you may be). La Leche League recommends a MINIMUM of 1800 calories a day for breastfeeding mothers.

Just to give you an idea, I'm 5'2 and weigh 155 lbs. I eat 2000 calories (sometimes more) a day and I've been losing slowly and steadily. I gained 24.6 lbs with my pregnancy (I logged everyday) and like I said, as of today, I've lost all of that.
  • healthychops_gets_fit
    healthychops_gets_fit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to using this app. Wanted to be realistic about food etc and not be too silly by crash dieting. I have a lovely 9 week old who I am feeding. I lost all my pregnancy weight in the first 2 weeks but have now gained half 8lb :-(!! I have about 50lb in total to lose to be healthy weight as had gained a lot before pregnancy! Add me and we can motivate each other x