Beachbody?

Options
Opinions of Beachbody (any aspect - the workouts, supplements, and "coaching")?

I know what I think but I'm interested in hearing what others think. And..... go!

Replies

• MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    way too expensive for something you can easily do yourself or find for free on the internet!
  • khart0418
    khart0418 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am part of a 21 day fix group on facebook and it's so worth it. I love the videos and the support from the group is worth every penny.
  • beaufoster
    beaufoster Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Before I even begin I need to state that I was a Beachbody user (workouts and supplements) AND coach. So that's my perspective and I have to say...it is an over-rated, over-priced pyramid scam. The workouts themselves are okay but they are way more money than is necessary to spend. There are less expensive or even free workout plans available all over the place. The shakes are okay but the price is insane. It is much better for your body and wallet to make your own smoothies or just eat actual food (I am rather against shakes and smoothies TBH). The coaching is ridiculous- inside scoop all you have to do to become a "coach" is pay them a bunch of money and promise to sucker others into it. You said you know what you are interested in so if you tell me a specific part, I can give you more info.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Workouts are fine, but the rest can take a hike.

ETA: Be prepared for the onslaught of coaches wanting to 'assist' you in making your decision.
  • carmenrosab
    carmenrosab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The only part of BeachBody that I have used is insanity for Xbox. It really works but it is expensive for the DVDs. My friend did the 21 day fix and it worked great for her. I don't think the shakes are worth the money that you have to dish out. Something like $120 per month. My brother did the p90X and that is working great for him. They work but they are expensive.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I truely believe in the workouts. I don't use any of the supplements...too expensive for my budget. But the workouts really have given me results and have gotten me to a level of fitness that I've never been at. What got me into them was P90X, one of my favorite workouts. I also own Insanity, T25, Chalean Extreme, Turbofire, P90X2 and P90X3 and Body Beast.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Brazil Butt Lift and love it. It has made more difference in my legs than booty, oddly enough. But my thighs are always a problem area for me so that's fine with me. It's good cardio too. I'm thinking of giving PiYo a try.

I don't drink shakes or smoothies so I've never tried those.
  • rwat77
    rwat77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love the workouts and that's it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love Beachbody products. My favorite is Turbo Jam & Turbo Fire. My next program is going to be the 21 Day Fix. I've been using their products for years and recently became a coach. There is a great selection of workouts based on fitness level. I also drink Shakeology, which I love. I drank it before I was a coach. I've tried other shakes and haven't found one that I liked as well.The nice thing about being a coach is that you get 25% off all Beachbody products. I'd be more than happy to chat some more with you.

Of course you would.

I did P90X. The "nutrition plan" was one of the worst pieces of... I've ever seen. The workouts were OK, but they most likely won't do what they show in the testimonials.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    kjcarts wrote: »
    I am part of a 21 day fix group on facebook and it's so worth it. I love the videos and the support from the group is worth every penny.

I've heard good things about this one too. I doubt I'd use the little containers but I've heard the workouts are good and have considered buying it just for those.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Some of the workouts are decent, I wouldn't bother with the shakes, coaching, diet plans, etc... Expensive and not necessary.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I don't see the big controversy surrounding this program. They basically give you a meal plan and an exercise plan which is what everyone knows they need to do (eat healthier, and exercise). The shakes, if you choose to order them, aren't all that different from buying your daily mutivitamins, protein shakes, and pre or post-workout supplements. Do you need beachbody to lose weight? Of course not. But if it offers some people a kickstart, or motivation, or support to get started... why not?

The only thing that makes me nervous about recommending this program, is that there don't seem to be any rest days. If someone is just starting out, I'd think it'd be better to give their muscles a break a couple times a week... but maybe that's just me.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Love the workouts but the rest is crap. Their supplements are way over priced.

BTW, be prepared for "coaches" to PM you and try to bring you on board. Even as a mod, I can't tell you how many times I have received PM's from coaches trying to sell me something just because I love BB workouts.

My favorites are Beast, P90X and X3.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    You know something is good if the coaches are really consumers. Things are not set up in a multilevel marketing scheme if they are not well worth the money. One thing I notice too, is beach body coaches are always willing to talk about selling you beach body products.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    When the only qualification you need to be a "coach" (which denotes a leader, a teacher, a mentor) is to sell products to the gullible, it tends to make me skeptical of a company...
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I've done Chalene Extreme, P90X, and Insanity. I enjoyed them but I think they are way overpriced for what they are. I bought CLX and P90X used and got Insanity as a gift. I'd never pay full price for them.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    beaufoster wrote: »
    Before I even begin I need to state that I was a Beachbody user (workouts and supplements) AND coach. So that's my perspective and I have to say...it is an over-rated, over-priced pyramid scam. The workouts themselves are okay but they are way more money than is necessary to spend. There are less expensive or even free workout plans available all over the place. The shakes are okay but the price is insane. It is much better for your body and wallet to make your own smoothies or just eat actual food (I am rather against shakes and smoothies TBH). The coaching is ridiculous- inside scoop all you have to do to become a "coach" is pay them a bunch of money and promise to sucker others into it. You said you know what you are interested in so if you tell me a specific part, I can give you more info.

I second this! I have a similar story. I've done Insanity, T25, PiYo, Les Mills Combat & Pump (unfortunately they no longer have a contract with Les Mills...their loss). I think these are very good workouts and offer benefits to many people who have no idea where to start (I was one). I agree they are expensive and if you can find them on Craigslist or somewhere cheaper it is worth it. Otherwise I really recommend Fitness Blender on YouTube. They have hundreds of workouts for free and even some routines you can purchase (well cheaper than Beachbody). Coaching is a joke. I probably made just enough to cover the mandatory fees and I did get the discounts on the DVDs, but its just another MLM. Shakeology is ridiculously expensive and not worth it ($125 a bag...don't think so). I thought it tasted awful as well and I can't recommend something that I won't even use (greenberry wasn't too bad if you mixed it with a ton of fruit). Hope this helps!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MzManiak wrote: »
    I don't see the big controversy surrounding this program. They basically give you a meal plan and an exercise plan which is what everyone knows they need to do (eat healthier, and exercise). The shakes, if you choose to order them, aren't all that different from buying your daily mutivitamins, protein shakes, and pre or post-workout supplements. Do you need beachbody to lose weight? Of course not. But if it offers some people a kickstart, or motivation, or support to get started... why not?

The only thing that makes me nervous about recommending this program, is that there don't seem to be any rest days. If someone is just starting out, I'd think it'd be better to give their muscles a break a couple times a week... but maybe that's just me.

The majority of our points are regarding the supplements, you can get equal or better supplements for a fraction of the price at your local vitamin shoppe or GNC.

Personally, any program that will get you on track to become healthier is great. Starting P90X is what got me on my journey. I just decided I didn't want to buy into BB's diet programs.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of the workouts, and will still do them if I need a quick workout at home. The workouts are fine.

As far as the other stuff - the only requirements to become a coach are that you can legally sell their products. There's no training, and most "coaches" don't know squat about fitness and nutrition. If you like cheerleading and motivational quotes on pretty backgrounds, then I guess it could work for you, but I find much better motivation and advice for free here on MFP. I think the supplements are a waste, and the reason coaches push them so much is that they get a greater return on investment compared to selling the workouts. Sign someone up for shakeology, it automatically sends them a new supply every month, the coach gets cash money each month for a one-time minimal set-up effort.