Exercise at work

Options
Hello. I work at a desk all day and was looking for suggestions on things to do while at my desk to move skittle during the day. I am pretty active after work but would like do be more active during the day. Any suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    get up every hour and have a 5 min walk

go for a 30 min walk at lunchtime
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    skittles.jpg
    Skittle?

Do you have your own office with a door? I do about 10 minutes of cardio at the beginning of my lunch break each day, just to make myself feel better about sitting on my butt all day.
  • extacymoon
    extacymoon Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lyndsey that is a good idea. I might have to try a little cardio to break up the day.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    skittles.jpg
    Skittle?

Do you have your own office with a door? I do about 10 minutes of cardio at the beginning of my lunch break each day, just to make myself feel better about sitting on my butt all day.

mmmmmmmmmm Skittles
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    desk pushups
    squats in the toilet (doesn't have to be in the toilet.
    lunges around the office
    go up and down the stairs
  • Dugie86
    Dugie86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Every time I get up from my desk I try to do at least 100 steps either around the office or in place.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    get up every hour and have a 5 min walk

go for a 30 min walk at lunchtime

I get up and walk a few minutes every hour. It helps that I drink a lot of water (I'm just always thirsty), so I legimitely need to take a bathroom break any way. I also walk for part of my lunch break. When the weather is nice, my walks are all around the building. During the winter, I took the stairs to explore other floors. I'm pretty sure everyone in the building recognizes me as the walker around here :)
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    if you have a little stool used for reaching higher shelves you could use that do steps
  • dbarnes724
    dbarnes724 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I try and do squats when I go to the restroom
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Use a toilet further away from your desk. Drinks lots of water so you need t go there often.

Have walking meetings.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    If you have a Fitbit, you can set an alarm to remind you to get up and move at certain intervals. I had mine set for every hour, and I'd get up and do a lap around the building, up one flight of stairs, back down the others, back to my desk in about 3 minutes.