Addicted to coffee !!

Options
I have been trying to cut back on my sugar intake but I cant stop drinking coffee. I should try black coffee but it taste terrible. Any non sugar caffeine products that can help ???? IM STUCK .

Replies

• nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    High quality coffees that are a nice medium roast. (Not starbucks...their's is charcoaled crap, IMO)

Stevia - natural sweetener.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i LOVE coffee also, and since i started tracking i have cut back to adding only skim milk and a splenda and find i still like it that way, just add ice and its pretty good. the skinny latte at starbucks is good too.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i use splenda some people are on that trivia trip i dont like it but to each own. i make ice coffee with half coffee half French vanilla protein shake (eas carb control) add splenda and cinnamon and it just plain yummy and on 60 calories low carb sugar free add it to a big cup of ice and it just plain filling
  • 01elizabeth59
    Options
    I like Splenda
  • bparsont
    bparsont Posts: 50
    Options
    keep drinking the coffee you like but use AGAVE sweetner. It has less of a calorie impact and is better for your blood sugar. You can find it at Health food stores, Walmart, Costco. I use it all the time in my coffee and it tastes great!!!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to cut back on my sugar intake but I cant stop drinking coffee. I should try black coffee but it taste terrible. Any non sugar caffeine products that can help ???? IM STUCK .

I still use aspartame in my coffee. Obviously, I'm not worried about it athough most MFP folks will tell you I'm on my way to a nasty death for even saying aspartame, let alone using it. ;)
  • bacarter18
    bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with the same issue! I enjoy coffee with my cream and sugar ;) So definitely can't do it black! My boyfriend works at Starbucks, so we have a lot of coffee around the house, which that coffee I can do better with less sugar... but the crappy coffee at work, YUCK. I've been using Truvia, but still haven't gotten used to the taste. Splenda is not good for you. I would try Stevia... but remember, it is 200 times sweeter than regular sugar, so be careful of how much you put in there!
  • jacque1109
    jacque1109 Posts: 129
    Options
    I do truvia and skinny white chocolate mocha creamer by international... sometimes I bite the bullet and do reg. sugar b/c sweetners give me a tummy ache. When I started my weightloss journey I said... I LOVE my coffee soooooo weightloss you have to work around it. I've managed to incorporate my coffee's into my MFP goals so, that's all that matters to me :)
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I use Splenda as my sugar, no nasty aftertaste. I am a coffee addict too :drinker: (coffee mugs)

I have 3 cups a day, however those cups are at the minimum 16 oz cups, so about a pot a day. With my splenda and creamer it's about 75 calories per 16 oz cup. I measure everything out too, helps keep my honest
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    just have to point this out when aspartame was all the rage then it became bad . then splenda hit and it was the best thing then stevia came out and that was just so much better at the end all of it has to do with marketing and what the hottest new thing out i switch to splenda 4 years ago and guess what someone told me that the best for you not sweet n low and now all the women at my gym is telling me stevia i say i stick with what i like dieting is hard enough.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    mmmm...black coffee for me! Have you tried a good quality flavored black coffee? If the beans are roasted nicely no sugar is needed.

Another suggestion slowly cut down the sugar, for instance if you take for spoonfuls, take it down to three for a couple weeks, then down to two and so on until you completely wean yourself off of the sugar. Good luck!!
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    I enjoy my coffee,I use splenda.Good luck!:drinker:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You could just ween down how much sugar you put in your coffee- I like in 2 or 3 but I can get down to 1 if I want to.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I wish i could drink coffee!
    I seem to be allergic to it =/
    If i smell it i instantly get a really bad headache!
    But i do LOVE tea lol!
    Very milky with 3 sugars!
    Thats the way to go ^-^
    lol..
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    it posted what i said twice..
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I used to be one of those people that "added coffee to their sugar"....now I use fat free and/or sugar free creamers and no sugar..if I do sweeten it, I will use equal..sometimes I will use the regular stuff, but I think its worth the calories..
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If you have a properly made cup from GOOD fresh finely ground beans it can be enjoyed without sugar. The best bean I have found in the grocery store is the 8 O-Clock Columbian. I use one level 1/8th cup of grounds for 4 cups measured on the coffee carafe. Just make sure to drink a little extra plain water to counter the dehydrating effects.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    you can add some unsweetened vanilla almond milk. or cinnamon is a good option as well!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Have you tried just adding the cream?..I used to be a big sugar in my coffee person but now I just have 2 tablespoons of flavored creamer
  • bhawkins0617
    bhawkins0617 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you have a properly made cup from GOOD fresh finely ground beans it can be enjoyed without sugar. The best bean I have found in the grocery store is the 8 O-Clock Columbian. I use one level 1/8th cup of grounds for 4 cups measured on the coffee carafe. Just make sure to drink a little extra plain water to counter the dehydrating effects.

I totally agree! This is exactly how I make my coffee also. I like to add a little skim milk for the creaminess factor. At this point, I think sugar ruins good coffee :)