You might be fitness fanatic if ...

Options
2»

Replies

• JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    You walk around your kitchen at the end of the day till you hit 10,000 steps

Totally this! LOL
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Do you mean a holiday as in Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. or holiday as in vacation? Either way, that's pretty hardcore. You have me beat there. [/quote]

Vacation! (Im in the uk.) Christmas day is a scale free day even to me. Lol.

• WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself before and after you poop

3# BM of peace crew, checking in.

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    You've considered changing your career to a nutritionist or personal trainer, because you just can't get enough of the lifestyle.
    That's true for me, currently studying for my CPT from ACSM
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You walk around your kitchen at the end of the day till you hit 10,000 steps

You start to panic when you run out of protien powder

Cant just run 8.5 km, you add on that extra 1.5 to make a clean 10 km run.

You pee every 20 min from all the water you are drinking during the day.

Your running shoes are the most expensive pair of shoes you own

Yes and yes! My running shoes are by FAR my most expensive. Some of my workout clothes are more expensive than my fancy clothes as well.

Also, you start to view the weight everything (children, groceries, packages) in numbers of plates instead of pounds
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I've definitely never used the words glucose or fructose in any casual conversation, because I'm not a diabetic, so who cares? Give me all the sugar...as long as it fits into my carb goal. :smile:

Here's a few...

Your first thought when you feel a cold coming on isn't that you'll miss work, get other people sick, or be miserable for a week. It's, "oh no, what if I can't work out?" Same goes for any other health condition, medical procedure, or injury.

You have a mini panic attack when you realize you're running low on Quest bars.

You spend more of your day thinking about working out and eating than work.

You pre-log your meals for the day (or in my case, the week or even month) and get really excited when you hit your macros perfectly.

It amazes and annoys you that most people are so clueless about fitness and nutrition, and you secretly laugh at friends and co-workers who talk about how bad carbs are for you and how they're thinking about going paleo/raw/gluten-free/etc. in order to lose weight.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    You've considered changing your career to a nutritionist or personal trainer, because you just can't get enough of the lifestyle.

haha, this is totally true but I would make way less money :(

Yes! Getting paid to work out or talk about working out or food would be the sweetest gig ever. But they're paid crap money, which pretty much eliminates the chance I'd ever actually try to break into the field.

There's always the dream of being a fitness YouTuber. Those lucky jerks seem to be paid awfully well.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options
    Stay in bed, eat bacon and drink cream.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Jelaan wrote: »
    When you go out for a meal you look at the calory count and macros before even looking to see if it is something you like.
    Or won't even order without begging to see EVERY label in the place.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    ....Your first thought when you feel a cold coming on isn't that you'll miss work, get other people sick, or be miserable for a week. It's, "oh no, what if I can't work out?" Same goes for any other health condition, medical procedure, or injury....

You spend more of your day thinking about working out and eating than work.

...It amazes and annoys you that most people are so clueless about fitness and nutrition, and you secretly laugh at friends and co-workers who talk about how bad carbs are for you and how they're thinking about going paleo/raw/gluten-free/etc. in order to lose weight.
    These, esp. that last one!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself before and after you poop

...and you also look forward to pooping for that reason

^^These! LOL!

• RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    You extend your run so your Fitbit will track a whole number:
    "4.8 miles? Dang...gotta keep running"