I don't know what to eat for lunches!

Options
My problem has always been that I don't often eat enough, which makes me gain weight. And funnily enough one of my weight loss goals is to eat three meals EVERY day. Instead of just one giant meal whenever I finally feel like it.

I have come up with a recipe for my breakfasts that has between 20-30 grams of protein and between 400-600 calories, that is full of fibre and keeps me full till I need to eat lunch.

For supper, I eat as much steamed vegetables as I want, and fish, or chicken, and I'll often add an egg to up the protein enough to around 30 grams (90g per day goal).

But I am lost for lunches. I've only been eating whole foods. Nothing processed. But I have no ideas for lunches. Other than lettuce wraps. And ideas for me?

Replies

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of lunch suggestions, but since you don't eat any processed foods I'm sure you don't want to hear any of them.
  • lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can you make extra of what you eat for dinner and eat the leftovers?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My problem has always been that I don't often eat enough, which makes me gain weight. And funnily enough one of my weight loss goals is to eat three meals EVERY day. Instead of just one giant meal whenever I finally feel like it.

I have come up with a recipe for my breakfasts that has between 20-30 grams of protein and between 400-600 calories, that is full of fibre and keeps me full till I need to eat lunch.

For supper, I eat as much steamed vegetables as I want, and fish, or chicken, and I'll often add an egg to up the protein enough to around 30 grams (90g per day goal).

But I am lost for lunches. I've only been eating whole foods. Nothing processed. But I have no ideas for lunches. Other than lettuce wraps. And ideas for me?

More of the same meat, vegetables or eggs I guess. You don't seem adverse to cooking/processing your own food. You can have the same type of things you have for breakfast or dinner for lunch. I often have dinner leftover for lunch so maybe cook a little extra.
    Salad, soup, wraps/sandwich, hard boiled eggs, raw vegetables or fruits, cooked vegetables.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I usually have leftovers from dinner for lunch.

On days there are no leftovers I typically have a salad with boiled eggs, canned tuna, beans, or cheese for protein. Or maybe some greek yogurt and fruit or hummus and veggies.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    For lunch eat the same thing you do for breakfast. Or eat the same thing you do for dinner.
    Be realistic about how much preparation you want to do. Most of us are trying to simplify so that we can increase our chances of success.
  • RRB2000
    RRB2000 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of good ideas from Pinterest, b/c I had the same problems with breakfast ideas.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I cook soup, chili, stew, meatballs, stuffed peppers, and freeze in portions on weekends so I can grab and go in the morning during the week. Sometimes I make a salad or grab leftovers from dinner.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Why would you think that not eating often enough makes you gain weight? Many people lose weight eating one meal a day. If that is your natural eating pattern go for it; eating less than you burn throughout the day is what causes you to lose weight. Eat at a calorie deficit; either break it up into different meals, or all at once, it doesn't matter.

If you don't want more information about it, look into intermittent fasting.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ditto others, I'd just bring leftovers for lunch.

I eat processed foods often for lunch but here are some of my favorite vegan recipes. I apologize in advance if any of these contain processed foods (for example, is bread "processed"? I have no idea!) :)

Caution: NSFW language in the first one.

http://www.thugkitchen.com/fresh_herb_potato_salad

http://metronews.ca/food/1184440/black-bean-tortas-with-coconut-chipotle-mayo-straight-outta-thug-kitchen/

http://missfoodie.com.au/sweet-corn-green-chili-baked-flautas-thug-kitchen/
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My lunches are frequently a small serving of last night's protein with some fresh raw veggies (baby carrots, mini sweet peppers, snap peas etc) and maybe some cheese and crackers or a small baked potato either sweet or regular.

You can't gain weight from eating too little. If you are gaining weight you are eating more than you are burning.

If you mean you eat one huge meal because you wait till you're starving and over do it, then it makes sense to spread your calories out over the day to prevent a binge. But, for weight loss, the timing of your meals doesn't matter.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I usually have rice and chicken for lunch when at work Other days a sandwich, wrap, sushi, paella etc. I don't really plan lunches.