Where do you look when feeling weak?

Options
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, I apologize in advance if I missed it, please don't yell at me. :)

I recently had a friend move in with me, and since then, I have really gotten sloppy with logging and tracking. I haven't even been exercising! I can't put the blame on her, though. Even when she wasn't home last night, I sat down on the couch with a bag of corn chips! I was so disappointed in myself when I went to bed. I felt horrible, and it's becoming a bit of a pattern.

What do you do when you feel yourself "falling off the wagon"?

Replies

• bas0128
    bas0128 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    For me it's more of a mental thing. I have to set aside all of the excuses I can come up with and focus on the results that I expect. That, and I look in the mirror
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Do you find that you normally have something that motivates you? I've been lifting awhile now, but it was hard at first, to stay completely focused, especially if you have a ways to go. The things that motivated me, may not do it for everyone, but I had a couple of women lifters that I got inspired by, and watched their blogs, they always had valuable tidbits. I found that I wanted to look like I was very fit (I had my own vision in mind) and wanted to be as healthy as possible (because eating crap and laying around after work had gotten me lethargic and cranky). I used that to motivate myself. Most of the time now, I think it's dedication and habit. I enjoy feeling great and wearing almost anything I want. That is the value I find in keeping it going! :-)
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am a bit the same way, BigLifter...my motivation is being comfortable in my own body and feeling stronger/healthier. Sometimes, I just feel overwhelmed, I guess. Some days I feel great, and I feel like I look great. Other days, all I can see is this belly pouch that I can't seem to get rid of, and I feel like giving up. At least for the evening. lol!

I'm sure having an Instagram full of food and baking doesn't help. I'll add some fit people to follow. :)