Hi! I'm new and looking for support and motivation!

Options
Dawn410
Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
Hi! I'm 31 and mom to a 2 (almost 3) year old. I have been a little heavier then I would like most of my adult life, but since I had my daughter, I can't quite get a handle on it. I'm not proud of myself due to my size. The crazy thing is, due to my small frame, I still wear a clothing size 4/small, but I look so heavy (and am overweight at 140 lbs on my 5'2 skeleton).

My parents have terrible eating habits and I am following in their footsteps. I'm hoping to change this and really get started on lifelong healthy living.

Replies

• sgirl2009
    sgirl2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We have quite the age difference but, I am pretty much in the same boat. Please feel free to add/message me :)
  • daneisha
    daneisha Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm into eating pretty healthy. And working out. I'm not a fitness fanatic or a health nut but I watch what I eat 90% of the time. I'm
    Not perfect but I can totally encourage you in anyway.
  • jimmi_shoe
    jimmi_shoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn, I am just about in the exact same boat as you, though alightly older (34) as my little one has just turned 3. I too found that i lost my self-control after giving birth, particularly with sweets. Breastfeeding helped keep te weight hain at bay initially but crept up on me quite auddenly right after I stopped feeding at 10months. As I said, my son is now 3 and my willpower and motivation have never been lower than these past few years. I am 165cm tall and currently weigh 80kg! Far too much for my height and frame. Also new to this so looking for some support and also accountability. Feel free to add me. Wishing you every success! X
  • LaceyVskmp1980
    LaceyVskmp1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn. Feel free to add me. I'm 34, 5'2, with 2 girls. I'm heavier, 195, but understand the stuggles of trying to get eating habits and exercise under control.
    Best wishes
  • hart91413
    hart91413 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've always just ate what I wanted to. Now I feel better me and my wife are both using this. I'm down 15 lbs so far but 20 to still go
  • tbokry79
    tbokry79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi dawn, I also am a mom and a thirty something (35). I understand your struggles and feel your pain. Please feel free to add me!
  • chrisssam
    chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello Dawn , yeah it starts with you changing the way you eat..i used to eat anything and drink all kind of sugar drinks. anyone on this thread can add me if you would like.
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn, Feel free to add me I started eating clean a few weeks ago and working out everyday. I'm down 1.8 lbs
  • arsappingfield
    arsappingfield Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 kids after my 3rd child almost 5 years ago I weighed my heaviest at 204 lbs and I am only 5'3 I lost my first 40 lbs then I gained half of it back but I'm on my way again. Just have to have the heart and the motivation you have to make the lifestyle change with food, and exercise. When you start thinking of it as a lifestyle and not a diet you'll be well on your way
  • Dawn410
    Options
    Wow, I am amazed that I got so many responses! Thank you all for your encouraging words!
  • Dawn410
    Options
    Jimmishoe- it is so hard to find the time when you have a young one, isn't it? I would rather be playing with her or cleaning the house than working my booty off!
  • jamiller1109
    jamiller1109 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5"2 and started at 145, I have lost a few lbs. I am 24 and a mom to a 9 month old (:
  • Eidaortiz
    Eidaortiz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am overweight too I think I'm heavier than I was in a long time and I'm having a hard time loosing weight it's affecting my health..I want to loose about 55 pounds but I have no one to help me like just to motivate me or do it with me..:( plus with work, church and school two nights a week :'( it's hard no time to do anything...
  • stacihemminger2015
    stacihemminger2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 24 and can completely relate! My daughter is 2 (almost 3) and I have been on and off diets a bagillion times since she was born! I have been sticking to eating healthier and excersising everyday for 4 days now! (Thats my longest stretch, haha). Any motivation will help! :) I added you!
  • snorris1983
    snorris1983 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. Same here. I am 32 and my son is 2 1/2. I have been fairly lazy since I was pregnant and not really managed to lose the weight I gained then. Started my diet and exercise a cpl weeks ago and hope to reach my goal over next few months. Will happily add you and we can motivate each other x
  • DianaDavitt2015
    DianaDavitt2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dawn410 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 31 and mom to a 2 (almost 3) year old. I have been a little heavier then I would like most of my adult life, but since I had my daughter, I can't quite get a handle on it. I'm not proud of myself due to my size. The crazy thing is, due to my small frame, I still wear a clothing size 4/small, but I look so heavy (and am overweight at 140 lbs on my 5'2 skeleton).

My parents have terrible eating habits and I am following in their footsteps. I'm hoping to change this and really get started on lifelong healthy living.

• DianaDavitt2015
    DianaDavitt2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 , been dieting my whole life. I feel hopeful, been two years since I had hope. I'm being helped by a doctor I met at work. She put me on Contrave. I have energy again and never feel ravenous hunger, praise the Lord! I really think I can take this extra weight off this time!!!!!
  • darenc_1972
    darenc_1972 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just get started Dawn, I started back after 12 years of missing the gym and bad eating. Start with small goals, and work your way up.
  • steven_williams4
    steven_williams4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add
  • seckard16
    seckard16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey dawn! I just turned 30, and have been struggling with my weight since having kids. I never developed good eating habits or regular exercise so it's a hard change to make! It's so much easier with accountability partners!