new moms

Options
new moms: what did you do to get back to feeling like "you"? i need a makeover in the worst way! losing weight was step 1 for me, but i really dont feel as "pretty" as i used to! my hair is different, of course a litte chubbier but working on that, my clothes dont fit, budget contstraints holding me from new wardrobe, in desperate need of a mani and pedi, etc. ..i just feel beat down! all of my pics are on the random days that i have an important event...i can pull it together on a need to basis..but i need to get back to being together all the time! everyday! today for example...when i look in the mirror at work i think omg why did u leave the house like that lol...i have to change..i just seem to lack the old mojo i had to get "pretty" everyday...

Replies

• libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yay for new moms huh... I have a 15 week old son and the first thing i did after i had him was went and got my hair done! That was number one for me, some women like getting the nails and stuff i just go get the stuff myself. And I just shop at thrift stores to be honest with you! I am not down to spend hundreds of bucks on something that I dont plan on wearing for that long! I also buy things that make me feel good (when i have some extra money) like shoes and purses even new work out clothes make me feel a little better! But the most important thing is to take some time for yourself every night i make sure and take 20 minutes or so to take a hot bubble bath! Get on some good smelling lotion and relax!
  • teamsaris
    teamsaris Posts: 30
    Options
    First of all (((((((hugs))))))) This is one of the hardest things about becomming a new mom. I have three kids...5, 3 and 7 months :) I JUST got to feeling like me again about 2 months ago. My tricks? I take the time to shave my legs EVERY time I shower. Sounds small and lame...but it made such a difference to me and how I felt about myself. I had to change up my shower times a bit, but it's worth it :) I paint my toenails at night when the kids go to sleep :) Pretty feet make you feel better :) I also simplified my makeup routine...so it's easier and quicker for me in the mornings (when I wear makeup lol).

My next step on the road to "me-ness" is to buy some nice bras and underwear. I KNOW I would feel a ton better if I had something pretty on under my clothes :)

Take one step at a time...try to do something JUST for you everyday :)

Congrats on becomming a new mama :):):)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Dear I think everyone goes through this. I really wish I had a great answer for you but I am 8 weeks post childbirth and feel like that and even more terrible because of the weight. Have you thought about going out and treating yourself to a you day?? step one that helped alittle with me was a new hair doo but mind you I am a tomboy and simple things would do it for me lol...I hope you get to feeling better. :)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies! its hard..i think a hair do is a good start...and just shaving more often too! geezz never thought that would make me happy, lol. i am just ready for a no fuss, simple, yet "pretty" me...right now i have all but the "daily pretty".
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies! its hard..i think a hair do is a good start...and just shaving more often too! geezz never thought that would make me happy, lol. i am just ready for a no fuss, simple, yet "pretty" me...right now i have all but the "daily pretty".
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I first started feeling normal again when my baby was about 3 months old. THEN I was feeling like crap again. And honestly, just recently (he's 9 months now) have I started feeling good again.

Even though I lost my baby weight really quick, my body still wasn't the same for a while. My hips hadn't went back to normal (they have now, thank God!). I felt not cute...at all.

I think it just comes with time. One thing I've learned is DO NOT feel guilty for taking time for yourself!!! I know that's extremely hard when you are a good mommy that wants to spend all your free time with your baby. I'm just now starting to not feel guilty about getting on the treadmill while he's still awake instead of playing with him all the time.
  • IrishEyes68
    IrishEyes68 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to my daughter last June... I was doing good with the weight until about October, when I started packing it on. I downloaded the mfp app on my android in November and that's when I started feeling normal and then in Feb. when my husband and I started training for our C25K.

It is very hard for us moms to take the time for ourselves...as I type this one handed with my wiggly daughter in the other, LOL!

Any one who needs support or motivation, feel free to add me :)