Tall girl weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• kastephens11
    kastephens11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" with 100lbs to lose and I put my activity at sedentary with a goal of losing two pounds a week. I usually work out every day and have noticed I lose a pound a week. My calorie limit is 1400 but depending on the day I'll burn 300-600 calories from my workouts. My calorie limit will probablyy change once I start working at a nursing home again because then I will change my activity to active most of the day.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1" I have my activity set at sedentary. I have 115 lbs to lose. With my doctors orders, I am eating at 1200-1500 cals a day. Anything higher and all I do is maintain. I do TRX twice a week, and walk when I can at least 30 mins every day. When I feel like It ill go lift or maybe do some cardio, but my doctor doesn't want me running right now. MFP suggested me at 1870 cals. I would say open your diary so people can give you honest opinions about what you are eating. I drink 3-4 liters of water a day so I suggest getting that in. (you shoul dbe drinking close to half your body weight in oz of water). You don't have to exercise everyday to lose weight. 80% of losing weight is DIET. if you aren't losing you aren't logging correctly. How much sodium are you intaking? the first 15 lbs I lost was nothing but water weight and I put it back on easily if I overeat sodium high foods. Feel free to add me if youd like.

Than you are eating more than you think...I lose on 1800 and way shorter and I weigh 150.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I am 6'1" I have my activity set at sedentary. I have 115 lbs to lose. With my doctors orders, I am eating at 1200-1500 cals a day. Anything higher and all I do is maintain. I do TRX twice a week, and walk when I can at least 30 mins every day. When I feel like It ill go lift or maybe do some cardio, but my doctor doesn't want me running right now. MFP suggested me at 1870 cals. I would say open your diary so people can give you honest opinions about what you are eating. I drink 3-4 liters of water a day so I suggest getting that in. (you shoul dbe drinking close to half your body weight in oz of water). You don't have to exercise everyday to lose weight. 80% of losing weight is DIET. if you aren't losing you aren't logging correctly. How much sodium are you intaking? the first 15 lbs I lost was nothing but water weight and I put it back on easily if I overeat sodium high foods. Feel free to add me if youd like.

Than you are eating more than you think...I lose on 1800 and way shorter and I weigh 150.

No, every "body" is different. I follow my doctors nutrition rules, I weigh, I measure and I enter my own diary information. I also have a severely under active thyroid disorder. I never lose eating 1900+. Congrats on your loss, but don't assume someone will and should be losing just because you are. There are other factors to think about.
  • Jordansfitnessjourney
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and not over weight. MFP allows me 1300 calories a day...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

No, every "body" is different. I follow my doctors nutrition rules, I weigh, I measure and I enter my own diary information. I also have a severely under active thyroid disorder. I never lose eating 1900+. Congrats on your loss, but don't assume someone will and should be losing just because you are. There are other factors to think about.

Most people aren't too different, but having the bold part, is a huge variable in the energy balance equation. And generally, when someone has a medical condition, it should be made aware of, because a person who doesn't have that issue, shouldn't be following your plan.
  • greengirl4
    greengirl4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 230lbs. I am set at lightly active, and work out 5-6 times a week at a high intensity for 45min to an hour. My goal is to lose another 60lbs and MFP gives me 1500 cals a day. I generally earn 500-800 exercise calories on the days I work out, and I usually eat back about half of those. So basically, I eat about 2000 calories a day when I work out, 1500 when I don't, and I've lost 14lbs in 33 days. This is more than the 2lbs a week, but I'm usually under my calorie goal by a few hundred calories. I imagine my weight loss will slow down to 2lbs or less as I get closer to goal. Perhaps upping the intensity of your work outs would help?