Which Jillian Michael's DVD is the best?

Options
Hi All

I'm going on my honeymoon in 39 days (not that I'm counting) and I'm trying to tone up before I go. I've been doing 30 Day Shred for the last 2-3 weeks (I'm on Level 3 now) and have definitely noticed a change in my body. I feel stronger, find some of the exercises much easier and my body has started changing shape :smiley:

I actually own the majority of her DVDs as I find her the most motivating out of all the trainers I have tried. Does anyone know which of her DVDs is the most effective at toning up and blasting off fat? I feel like I'm running out of time and want to make sure I am doing the best ones I can to achieve my goal.

Thanks in advance

Hayley

Replies

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I really like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I like alternating BFBM with No More Trouble Zones. Both are great workouts and a good mix of cardio and weights.

Congratulations! Enjoy your honeymoon! :smile:
  • JennyferZ
    JennyferZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I absolutely second what MamaFunky has suggested! I have all of Jillian's DVD's and those 2 are my favs!!! I definitely get the best results from those videos! 30 Day Shred is pretty beginner compared to them :p

Best wishes with your goal and honeymoon!!!!
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones is one of my favorite JM dvds. It's definitely one of my go to workouts.

Enjoy your honeymoon!!!
  • johanna306
    johanna306 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you like the 30 Day Shred format, she also has the Ripped in 30 series.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones DVDs. You can alternate between the two because one is cardio and one is a total body workout. They are long DVDs, like 50 minutes including warm-up/cool down, and you get a huge calorie burn from them. These DVDs don't have levels based on difficulty, just the one long workout on each... but I've done them a lot and haven't gotten bored.

If you want something a little shorter, I'd go with 6 week 6 pack, Killer Abs, or Killer Buns and thighs. I believe those are 30 minutes and they are challenging, and allow you to "level up"
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Also, in case you're interested.... I just started doing Body Revolution. I debated getting it for so long but I'm really glad I did, and I just completed week one. Body Rev is a program where you work out 6 days a week for ~30 minutes each day. You get 15 DVDs total, so there's a lot of variety, but there is a concentrated effort to build specific muscle groups on alternating days, so you get a bit of a muscle split approach.

Here's what week 1 looked like:
    Day 1: Strength Workout 1 (Front of Body)
    Day 2: Strength Workout 2 (Back of Body)
    Day 3: Cardio 1
    Day 4: Strength Workout 1 (Front of Body)
    Day 5: Strength Workout 2 (Back of Body)
    Day 6: Cardio 1
    Day 7: Rest

It starts out being pretty low impact, which is good because it is easier on my knees and ankles. I DO recommend doing extra stretches before and after each DVD though.

You get to change DVDs every 2 weeks, which keeps things interesting. Plus it's only 30 minutes a day, so I never dread doing it. It has started out pretty easy so far, but I know it's going to get a LOT harder in the coming weeks.

It cost me a little under 60 bucks on Amazon and it was worth it, IMO. Yes, it's a big investment, but it is much more affordable than many programs out there. And you can drop 60 bucks very easily on fewer fitness DVDs, so Body Revolution is a pretty good value. It's supposed to be a 90 day program, although you can modify it to suit your own goals. It also requires a resistance band, which I love because after doing nearly every JM DVD in existence, there's something brand new in the mix :)
  • hayleymarshall737
    hayleymarshall737 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Thanks for your suggestions. I have both NMTZ and BFBM and really enjoy them so will try alternating them each night over the next couple of weeks and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be beach body ready in time!! :smiley:
  • hayleymarshall737
    Options
    I'm pleased to say that after 4 weeks of doing a mixture of JM's DVDs and eating less, I've lost 8lbs and at least an inch off certain trouble zones!! :D
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!
  • Wantzie14
    Wantzie14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow good job on weight loss. I love JMs videos. I've collected a few over the years of other videos and hers are by far the best. I love that I was also able to do the entire work out in my lil apartment living room when I was in college. JM is awesome!
  • hayleymarshall737
    Options
    She certainly is. I love how much stronger I feel and can see the 'cuts' as she puts it, starting to show!! I'm a very happy bunny!!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My fav JM is JMBR! ...to me it's a 90 day version of her 30 Day Shred, lol.
    The most complimentary/follow-up program to JMBR is CLX, rotate the 2 and its a huge win win.

Edit to add: Congrats!!! Just saw you're results. Great work!