Late night eater

Options
hollytcollins
hollytcollins Posts: 1 Member
Let me explain. I have chronic pain syndrome. Therefore, I take medications. I will do great all day until I take my evening medications. They take about an hour to start working before I can even attempt to fall asleep. Problem is that in 30 minutes my body starts this crazy carb hungar. You know spoon full of peanut butter or two or three. Cinniman toast w loads of butter and sugar broiled in the oven even if it's on really healthy bread,etc.. I seem to have no will power to stop myself when I'm alone or wake up in the night. Any ideas other than duck tape over my mouth?

Replies

• kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Don't eat as much during the day to save room in your allowed centre for late night snacking?
    Find something along the lines that you usually crave but with lower calories?

(Wish I could tell you how to stop the late night cravings but I never have myself, so just leave room to eat late at night just before bed imo. I have maintained a healthy weight for 8 years down from well over 200lbs doing this though. No reason not to eat late, meal timing won't hurt your weight loss.)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I used to take a "take with food" medicine, which would force me to either skip the offending, last, dose of the day or blow my day. That mindset plagued me until an expert told me that a small cup of milk would adequately coat my stomach, preventing upsetment for maybe 146 cals max.