Hi there, need friends and inspiration!

Options
geesdubya
geesdubya Posts: 38 Member
I joined MFP 40 days ago, because I need to excercise and lose wieght. So far it has really been working for me. I lost 14 pounds! My daughter got me interested in the website, and since i have it on my phone ( which is attached to me at all times) I update everything I eat and it has been allowing me to stay on track. I just got on the site on the computer today and realized there are these message boards. cool!
I am in my fifties, live in DFW, TX and am busy working, going to grad school, and taking care of my elderly parents. I didn't realize, once the kids left my house, it is like having more kids! I have a supportive hubby ( but he should join here too) and 3 wonderful daughters in their twenties.
I am way too much of a couch potato, but have joined the gym and try to go 4 days a week. I need to lose 81 pounds to get to my goal of 150. I have 67 more pounds to lose!
Grace

Replies

• ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Add me to your friends. Having friends here has helped me stay on track and keep going! :happy:
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Hi Grace! I started out on my phone too, using it as a tool, but once I got me some 'friends' on here and started reading all the emotional inspirational stories that people share, I'm completely addicted! Having your owning cheering section is awesome and you feel so special and supported. It's a long battle to reach our goals, so we gotta grab all the help we can get along the way! Friend me!
  • owlwomyn
    owlwomyn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello and WELCOME! This is a great place for friends and support! You have gotten off to a great start...Add me if you like! :-)