Ugh

Options
I had a new low weight yesterday and then my weight jumped 2 pounds this AM.... I know I am supposrd to ignore these fluctations but it still bugs me when my weight spikes ... especially when it is a couple of pounds ... really

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I had a new low weight yesterday and then my weight jumped 2 pounds this AM.... I know I am supposrd to ignore these fluctations but it still bugs me when my weight spikes ... especially when it is a couple of pounds ... really

If you are going to be discouraged by fluctuations, you probably shouldn't weigh daily. This is going to happen.
  • Ijustdecided
    Ijustdecided Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Drives me nuts too ..... but I am trying really hard to go with the flow and trust that my body will give in and settle down :) sooner or later x
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

If you are going to be discouraged by fluctuations, you probably shouldn't weigh daily. This is going to happen.

The only possible reason you should weigh daily is if you had some sort of heart surgery, and you want to make sure there isn't much fluid in your heart. My mom's cardiologist wants her to take more Lasix when she goes up more than 2lbs for that day.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

The only possible reason you should weigh daily is if you had some sort of heart surgery, and you want to make sure there isn't much fluid in your heart. My mom's cardiologist wants her to take more Lasix when she goes up more than 2lbs for that day.

Well, I weigh daily because I like the data. I just weigh myself, put it into my Libra app, and focus on the trend instead of the daily number.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    It's probably poop/water retention. It happens.
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't think that is the "only possible reason." Some people like to watch the trend and track weight daily.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Actually, another possible reason is because I'm a grown-up and I want to weigh daily.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    The day after I lift I am always 2-4 lbs heavier. You know it's not fat so just note it and move on. :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I agree... if its going to put you in a foul mood, why weigh daily???
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Obviously you didn't gain 2 lbs in one day and there are lots of reasons for these fluctuations, but I get why it's annoying to see it. Trust in yourself and check back in another day or two.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

Actually, another possible reason is because I'm a grown-up and I want to weigh daily.

200.gif
  • yogeshvaraom
    yogeshvaraom Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.

How?
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a month. It keeps me from discouragement and going crazy...
  • yogeshvaraom
    Options
    I just figured it out and opened my diary. How can people acceess it? How can I see others?
  • yogeshvaraom
    Options
    For those who were understanding thanks for the comradery...
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I just figured it out and opened my diary. How can people acceess it? How can I see others?

People can see it by going to your profile and clicking "View Diary." If someone else has their diary open, you can see theirs the same way.
  • yogeshvaraom
    Options

People can see it by going to your profile and clicking "View Diary." If someone else has their diary open, you can see theirs the same way.

Got it. Thx ;--)
  • Reevoslady
    Reevoslady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Aww, lovely :( It makes me sad, too. I try only to weigh every week now, because it just bums me out so much. Have a *squish*
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Weighing every day is something I simply cannot do. The fluctuations would drive me nuts! :) I weigh weekly. Good luck!