To cheat or not to cheat... That is the question...

Options
2»

Replies

• RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a single cheat meal once a week.... I won't even log the food for that meal. Granted "I allow myself" one, I won't always use that "coupon". It all depends on if I feel like having that meal that week. I found it keeps me away from cravings... and it gives me something to look forward to for keeping my head in the game the entire week and staying on mission every single meal that week.
  • TheBrandon
    TheBrandon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you are digging yourself out of a hole prove your worth and work effort. You have spent so long "cheating". If you have earned that right to cheat due to work effort and motivation by all means... enjoy. :)
  • Jame_Beth
    Jame_Beth Posts: 4
    Options
    I "cheat" by eating lunch out with my co-workers once or twice a week. It keeps me sane and makes me realize that I CAN have the foods I love - in moderation. And yes, I throw in a little extra cardio so that I don't beat myself up over it. Honestly, it is a lifestyle change - it is about realizing YOU control your FOOD... not the other way around. :^) Good luck!!!
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. Mostly curious what other peoples opinions were. I think for me I like the term "cheat" because my "cheat" days are days where most of my calories are from bad food. The negative implications help me to not do them too often. I am currently currently being "bad" once a week (with varying degrees of cheating), but it is normally after a 7+mile run so I have about 1000+ freebie calories. Granted, calorically the days aren't a complete blow out, but normally my sodium fat and protein consumption are.

Again, thanks as it give me something to consider as I continue along.