what workout are you doing?

Options
chrisssam
chrisssam Posts: 106 Member
I'm just wondering what workout everyone is doing on My Fitness Pal.

Replies

• TeishaBue
    TeishaBue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25. :) what about you?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    The last weeks I am falling into a pattern of 3 days swimming, 1 run, 2 weight lifting, optionally pilates if I can fid the time.
  • chrisssam
    Options
    Right now I am doing p90x3... Last month I finished insanity max 30
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Cycle a bunch of miles and lift heavy stuff.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I do lots of different stuff- tennis, classes and weights at the Y, walks, bike rides, swim in summer, hikes with the fam and I just discovered Fitness Blender videos on You Tube which will be nice when I don't want leave the house.
  • merrileebouchard
    merrileebouchard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 2nd month of the 30 Day Shred, this time I'm alternating levels with days. Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I spin mostly right now. I have been getting to the gym earlier lately (I go straight from work) so I have time before spin to lift a little bit. In a couple months I'll start training for my second half marathon. My workouts are always changing!
  • Reevoslady
    Reevoslady Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Zumba :)

ETA: Plus some strength work when I have the motivation.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I lift some weights and I ride my bike a lot.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Running and lifting
  • Steve_Lewis
    Steve_Lewis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Weights. 2 on 1 off.

Legs 1 (quad heavy)
    Push (all pressing movements, chest, shoulders, triceps)
    Day off
    Pull (all pulling movements, back rear delts, biceps)
    Legs 2 (hamstring heavy)

Cardio am, weights pm
  • chrisssam
    Options
    Anyone one this thread could add me if you would like to... Take care and stay moving
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    TurboFire and 21 Day Fix. And I just got the piYo so I'll be trying that after I finish the others. Love beachbody!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Right now:

Ice Cream Fitness 5x5
    Zombies,Run!* 2-3 times a week
    30 Day Squat Workout*
    30 Day Ab Workout*
    30 Day Push-Up Workout*

*iPhone Apps

Occasionally, I'll also add in a random youtube video workout if I feel extra energetic.
  • cfp1981
    cfp1981 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights using methods from "Beyond 5/3/1" 4-5 times a week. Bit of walking, few miles most days, out of neccessity more than anything.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I just finished 5 cycles of 5/3/1 and now I'm on my third week of PHUL, with glute bridges added and possibly some other Strong Curves lower body work. I'm going to go back to adding weekly weight on my deadlift, squat, and bench in the same fashion as the 5/3/1 program though because I'm all over the place and need that consistency.
  • sortega831
    sortega831 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CrossFit!
  • cfp1981
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just finished 5 cycles of 5/3/1 and now I'm on my third week of PHUL, with glute bridges added and possibly some other Strong Curves lower body work. I'm going to go back to adding weekly weight on my deadlift, squat, and bench in the same fashion as the 5/3/1 program though because I'm all over the place and need that consistency.

Cool. What was the reason for changing from 5/3/1 if you don't mind my asking?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    cfp1981 wrote: »

I was doing 5/3/1 while I was losing fat because I got into power lifting and the program made sense. But now I'm trying a recomp and want the added hypertrophy work, and to hit all upper and lower twice a week, to see if I can get any results. I was doing the body building assistance work Wendler has on his website but it was just kind of meh...I do miss progressively adding weight that way though (even though I'm kind of stalled at the moment).
  • cfp1981
    Options
    cfp1981 wrote: »

I was doing 5/3/1 while I was losing fat because I got into power lifting and the program made sense. But now I'm trying a recomp and want the added hypertrophy work, and to hit all upper and lower twice a week, to see if I can get any results. I was doing the body building assistance work Wendler has on his website but it was just kind of meh...I do miss progressively adding weight that way though (even though I'm kind of stalled at the moment).

Ah I see, and understand. Have you looked into the "Beyond 5/3/1" book? There are loads of programs there. I also wanted some hypertrophy, so I do my 5/3/1 sets, then afterwards add what Jim calls "Joker Sets" and then finish off by doing my first set last, ie if your first work set was 100kg for 5 reps, you would do that and all your other work sets, joker sets and then finish off by hitting your first set again, either for mutliple sets or 1 big AMRAP set, however you see fit really. I find it a good way to get extra volume in. I also add additional body building type movements afterwards, if I have time.

I hope this makes a little sense at least!