Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV: Wearing my 20-some year old prom dress.

LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
More of the story and photos here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/partying-like-it-s-nineteen-eighty-nine-105582

But after I finished writing it, I remembered how when I found the dress in my parents' attic after not seeing it for ages, seeing how tiny it was, and thinking, "Well, maybe i can replace the zipper with a corset back. Give it a little more room."

Didn't have to. It zipped. It was kind of PAINFULLY tight, but the sucker zipped and I wore it.

1990-2011.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

Replies

• jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    that's awesome!! I love the dress...WTG!!!
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    WOW you look great! I think that the dress looks better on you now especially with all the muscle definitions!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Amazing!
    My prom dress is a size 16, so hopefully if I tried it would be loose.
  • acave9406
    acave9406 Posts: 124 Member
    Love the dress! Good job!
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    you look GREAT!!! Way to go!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    A girl in the ladies room last night said, "I love your dress... did you just get that!?"

Sweetie, this dress is older than YOU! :happy:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    That is an awesome NSV!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    AWESOME!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Go you! I think you look way better now!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Go you! I think you look way better now!

I agree! yay!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Looks lovely. Hope you enjoyed the prom. I never went to mine either - for a different reason: I disliked the girls in my year. It's fine though, I've had grander occasions since then ;) Congratulations on being the same size you were when you were 20! I would even go so far as to say you're looking better now than you did then!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!