Never had to diet before, Tips please!

Options
Minx3105
Minx3105 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2015 in Getting Started
I am aiming to lose 2 Stone so that i can finally feel comfortable within myself. within 3 years, i have put on 4 stone, which has entirely ripped away my confidence and comfort. Losing that weight would make me feel so much happier, i just have no idea how to do it, HELP!

Replies

• K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Exercise and stay around your calories so that you end up with a deficit.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    mfp makes it pretty straightforward. it tells u exactly how many calories u can eat in a day and lose. u can eat whatever u like, when u like. exercise if u want..even that is optional!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    First fill out as much of the info that you can here on MFP and set a goal for yourself. The typical goal is losing 2 pounds a week but everybody is different so take the time figure out what your goals are. If you enter in all your stats it will give you a calorie goal that you should try and stay under if you want to lose weight. Adding in exercise can also speed up your metabolism and get you to your goal faster. Try and eat healthy foods and avoid much of the junk food that way you are giving your body proper nutrition. But the bottom line is your calories going in must be less than your calories expended if you want to lose weight. So if you can get yourself one of those kitchen scales and make sure you are eating the portion size that you think you are eating. Often times we take in more calories than we think because our mental picture of a cup of potatoes is a lot different than what it really is. Basically make sure you're accounting for all calories including the little pat of butter you put on your toast because it all adds up. Keep it simple at first....just cut your portions down and maybe start up a simple exercise routine that you know you can stick to.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    there is a way to post a direct link but I'm not savvy enough to do it. So click on the getting started tab and read thru the "guide to get you started on your journey to your sexy pants". This is very helpful and should be a requirement! That being said, good luck, this site is an awesome tool with people who are every willing to support you on your journey
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Stick to your daily calories, eat what you'd like (really!! Just make sure it fits into your daily calories). That's it. Simple. :flowerforyou:
  • Minx3105
    Minx3105 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the idea's! :smile: