Couch 2 5k - Day 1

Options
Meg2012
Meg2012 Posts: 106 Member
I used to joke that I'd only run if a dog was chasing me. :ohwell:

But today I jogged, interspersed with walking, as directed by the beeps on my blackberry. And I did it imperfectly. But. I. Did. It.

That's the point, right?

I had to start the warm up over 3 times, because apparently I need to start the music before I start the program. Otherwise my BB backs out of C25K.

But I started.

And I don't have a proper sports bra for my size, so a regular snug bra with a shelf bra cami and extra support of my arms holding my girls down when I did the 60 seconds of jogging between 90 seconds of walking.

But I did it.

And I missed my turn around beep.

But I did it.

And at a certain point I just couldn't do the jogging part anymore.

But I continued.

I feel VERY accomplished with my imperfect start. Because the point is not perfection on day 1. (A hard lesson for me.) The point is showing up and making the effort. It's what I tell my belly dance students. And today it's what I tell myself.

:flowerforyou:

~Meg

Replies

• kml07071
    kml07071 Posts: 29
    Options
    That is great! It doesn't matter if you do it perfectly, what matters is you are making an effort! I did my first day yesterday and i to have a large chest but luckily i work at a bra store that sells champion workout bras that come in larger sizes and are very very supportive. My chest size has always slowed me down because I to have to "control" them from bouncing and all but again that is awesome that you made the effort and soon enough you can do the whole thing :)
  • cloud92222
    cloud92222 Posts: 19
    Options
    Congrats! I'm finishing w2 today and I know Im not doing it fast or perfectly either. But yay! We are doing it! Each workout will bring you a new sense of accomplishment so enjoy it! Good job!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Are you excited to do it again?
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm going to be starting C25K soon. I'm trying to work on quitting smoking so I can breathe better while I'm running. These are the kinds of posts I like. It is hard, but doable! Way to go!
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That is great, congratulations! Wishing u continued success :-)
  • Meg2012
    Options
    My chest size has always slowed me down because I to have to "control" them from bouncing and all but again that is awesome that you made the effort and soon enough you can do the whole thing :)

I used to joke that if I jogged I'd give myself two black eyes.

I have a large chest but small ribcage, so it's kind of a chore to find bras in my range. I'll be getting a new sport one soon.
  • Meg2012
    Options
    I'm trying to work on quitting smoking so I can breathe better while I'm running. These are the kinds of posts I like. It is hard, but doable! Way to go!

Why not start today? Day 1 while wasn't easy, it was totally doable. Maybe finding the "jogging buzz" that everyone talks about will be a good replacements for the ciggies.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start! !!
  • Meg2012
    Options
    Thanks!