Attn costco shopper: what do you buy most at costco?

Options
We buy all of our meat and lots of fruits and veggies there. I try to buy most everything there actually. What does everyone else buy frequently there. Any great products?

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    I love the superfoods salad mix. Roasted chicken always. I keep frozen fish, shrimp, stirfry vegetable mix in our freezer. Quinoa is staple from there and because gluten can give me some issues, the Crunchmaster GF crackers.
    I love the individual serving cups of hummas and guacamole. I buy a lot of cleaning supplies as well there. Oh and I love the glass food storage containers to keep all the food fresher longer :)
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Toilet paper, dishwasher detergent and parchment paper. I don't buy much else there since it is so much more expensive than my regular grocery stores.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    toilet paper,crunchmaster crackers,pita chips,hummus,frozen berries.roasted seaweed snacks
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Tenderloin, strawberries, salmon, organic lean ground beef, Special K
  • hvjc
    hvjc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nuts, Liberte 2% yogurt, frozen blueberries and mangos, hummus, whole wheat english muffins
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I buy everything I can there too. Meats, veggies, fruits, almond milk, flax, chia, protein bars, oil, vinegar, honey, pet treats, dog beds, water, household cleaning and paper products. It's just me and my four dogs. Items I can't get there I will just hit Targer or Trader Joes but those trips are never enough to fill a basket. I'm there at least once a week.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Gotta go with the meat department for most frequent purchases. We do buy quite a bit of fruits and veggies (avocados!). They also have a killer selection of cheeses.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Frozen items:

- Morningstar veggie sausage patties- less than half the cost than at the grocery store
    - Basil/Pesto talapia filet- Easy & SO GOOD, 120 cals/ 18g protein I believe
    - Salmon filets- Good for grilling
    - Turkey burgers- 1/3lb only 200 cal!

Oh and a frozen swirl yogurt because I can't leave Costco without one. Usually end up with a hotdog too.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, chicken breasts, pork tenderloin, ground turkey. They have this awesome chicken tortilla soup that I buy often too.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars, Skinny Pop Popcorn meats and veggies, yes. My "favorite" is the "Better than bullion". Add it in a small amount to meals for So much flavor. Still high in sodium, but I don't care about that! I made a low calorie chicken breast with creamy caper sauce the other night that makes low calorie taste indulgent. Yum!
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't really like the fresh produce at the Costco in my town. I do buy meat there on occasion but SAMs Club has better deals on their chicken breast :) so I stick to toilet paper, diapers, baby wipes, bottled water, paper towels, dog flea medicine, dog food, occasional milk, and eggs. I use to buy dr. pepper but I finally quit soda all together. :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    1. Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    2. Toilet Tissue
    3. Paper Towel
    4. Soon to be Morningstar Veggie Sausage
    5. Any other treats I find along the way... :)
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    All of my paper-goods but I couldn't live without my MEAT. Chicken (breasts, wings, and once in a while thighs), ground beef, steaks, scallops, pork, turkey, ham (so good and great low cal.), once in a while bacon and the specials for shell-fish and the frozen shrimp - no shell, cleaned and raw. Plus cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Bush's beans, canned tomatoes, coffee and tea. I can't use the produce because I can't eat it fast enough in that large quantity except AVOCADO, I love avocado!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Frozen items:

- Morningstar veggie sausage patties- less than half the cost than at the grocery store
    - Basil/Pesto talapia filet- Easy & SO GOOD, 120 cals/ 18g protein I believe
    - Salmon filets- Good for grilling
    - Turkey burgers- 1/3lb only 200 cal!

Oh and a frozen swirl yogurt because I can't leave Costco without one. Usually end up with a hotdog too.

What so you use the sausage patties for? All of your frozen items sound delish. Omg costco hot dogs yummnmm! I buy one for my kids so I can shop in peace :)
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    Fiber one bars, Skinny Pop Popcorn meats and veggies, yes. My "favorite" is the "Better than bullion". Add it in a small amount to meals for So much flavor. Still high in sodium, but I don't care about that! I made a low calorie chicken breast with creamy caper sauce the other night that makes low calorie taste indulgent. Yum!
    I just discovered that better than bouillon and have been cooking my chicken with a bit of it so amazing!!
  • slowestBurpeesEver
    slowestBurpeesEver Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The rest of the family eats their pretzel buns like they're manna from heaven. I've never had one, 200 calories is a bit spendy for a piece of bread IMO.

We buy most of our meats and produce there. I buy a chuck roast package from there every few weeks, chop it up and braise it in whatever spices hit my fancy plus a bottle of beer, freeze about half of it into individual portions, and the rest gets eaten in the next three or four days, often as tacos. We eat a lot of their boneless skinless chicken too.

The kalamata olives in the deli section are a big hit, and so is the Belgiorno individual mozzarella slices (check the weight on the slices, a slice usually weighs 1.25 oz but the serving size is 1 oz).

I think their almonds and pine nuts are a good deal. We eat toasted pine nuts on salads instead of croutons, and on pasta dishes and in veggie stir-fry.

Their bagged bacon crumbles are very popular in our house. My daughter put some on pizza last night - which she made from their pizza kit.

Cleaning supplies, paper supplies, etc. get bought either there or at Amazon through Subscribe and Save, depending on which is cheaper that month.
  • shortiequinn
    shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't shop at Costco but I'm happy this isn't about Trader Joe's(where all the food is imported) or Whole Foods (where all the food is expensive).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Frozen foods, coffee, meat, toiletries.
  • Xylena88
    Xylena88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I always purchase:
    Cucumber
    Peppers
    Spinach
    Carrots
    Celery
    Bananas
    Brussel Sprouts
    When in season:
    Blueberries
    Raspberries
    Strawberries
    Other products:
    Coconut Oil
    Avocado Oil
    Kerrygold Butter
    Almond Butter
    Kale Chips
    Organic Chicken
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    blueberries, tomatos, roasted seaweed, pulled pork, veggie patch chickpea patties :)